Is this the first step to her making a move/asking for my number? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Now I'm probably way off the mark here but I'm still intrigued to get some more opinions on this matter.

Three/four times a week I go to my local Sainsbury's in the mornings to buy lunch for when I'm at work. On one or two of those days there's a girl who always at the till I pay at - I think she must do a morning shift there or something. Anyway a couple months back (when I started doing my lunch shopping) she was there and started small talk (as some workers do). I didn't think nothing of it and rightly so. This happened for a couple weeks or so. When I say small talk I mean 'How are you?' and 'Do you work aroud here?'

Fast forward to the last few weeks and she's back on the till. She wasn't there for a month or so. I go there last Friday and she asks 'How's work?' and tells me that she'd like to get in the same field as me (I work in education). I tell her there are loads of jobs online and she should check. And then she prints off a receipt from her till and gives it to me with a pen asking me to write the website down. So I did.

I can imagine next time I pop in there she's gonna update me on her 'search'. And I can't escape her because the things I buy are right besides her till.

Am I overthinking this?
Anonymous #2
Report 3 years ago
... can you tell me where this Sainsbury's is? This sounds remarkably like my girlfriend so far...
qwerty_mad
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Well it's not every day a person behind the till gives you a pen and paper! I don't think it's leading to a move though. See what she does next time you're there. If she gets a pen and paper out again, then...
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
... can you tell me where this Sainsbury's is? This sounds remarkably like my girlfriend so far...
London.
XOR_
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
or she just wants a new job?
xfirekittyx
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Now I'm probably way off the mark here but I'm still intrigued to get some more opinions on this matter.

Three/four times a week I go to my local Sainsbury's in the mornings to buy lunch for when I'm at work. On one or two of those days there's a girl who always at the till I pay at - I think she must do a morning shift there or something. Anyway a couple months back (when I started doing my lunch shopping) she was there and started small talk (as some workers do). I didn't think nothing of it and rightly so. This happened for a couple weeks or so. When I say small talk I mean 'How are you?' and 'Do you work aroud here?'

Fast forward to the last few weeks and she's back on the till. She wasn't there for a month or so. I go there last Friday and she asks 'How's work?' and tells me that she'd like to get in the same field as me (I work in education). I tell her there are loads of jobs online and she should check. And then she prints off a receipt from her till and gives it to me with a pen asking me to write the website down. So I did.

I can imagine next time I pop in there she's gonna update me on her 'search'. And I can't escape her because the things I buy are right besides her till.

Am I overthinking this?
Is this a troll?

Sometimes people who work in Sains just want a bit of conversation and are friendly because working in silence is boring...

Maybe she genuinely wants to work in education (or is exploring her non sainsurbys options).

Any sainsburys in london there are plenty of tills and self check out so yes you can 'escape her' if what you mean by 'escape her' is avoid small talk. Generally women don't ask for guys numbers/ hit on them anyway.... we are drilled from a young age not to make the first move. Plus she is working so unless she is a complete idiot wouldn't risk getting disciplinary action...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices? (November update)

Yes I know where I'm applying (110)
70.51%
No I haven't decided yet (30)
19.23%
Yes but I might change my mind (16)
10.26%

Watched Threads