ichthys
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
What criticisms/reforms should I talk about in these questions?
I want to write something that can easily get to the point and can be written quite quickly in a few sentences since I have a problem with the time limit...

(Please specify which, A or B)

(A) or (NFO) Critically evaluate the current law on non-fatal offences, and suggest any reforms that you consider may improve the law.

(B) or (Murder) Despite some recent reforms, there are still criticisms to be made of the current law on murder and voluntary manslaughter. Consider relevant criticisms of that law, and suggest any reforms that may be appropriate.
BrokenLife
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I can try to help you but not right now. I've got all my Criminal law notes from 1st year.
ichthys
Rep:
?
(Original post by BrokenLife)
I can try to help you but not right now. I've got all my Criminal law notes from 1st year.
I wasn't taught any of them last year (AS) and only started learning how to answer these questions last week and my teachers are expecting a full answer for murder criticisms by this Thursday...

Possible topics I've got down:
Outdated language 'malice aforethought' etc
GBH (if then died) can be enough to be called murder
Mercy killing is still 2nd degree killing
Sentencing between 1st and 2nd degree
'Definition' of loss of control is too broad yet too narrow
Triggers

I'm not sure if thats enough but I just don't know how to put them into a straightforward answer since they all seem really longwinded... but thanks!!
BrokenLife
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by ichthys)
I wasn't taught any of them last year (AS) and only started learning how to answer these questions last week and my teachers are expecting a full answer for murder criticisms by this Thursday...

Possible topics I've got down:
Outdated language 'malice aforethought' etc
GBH (if then died) can be enough to be called murder
Mercy killing is still 2nd degree killing
Sentencing between 1st and 2nd degree
'Definition' of loss of control is too broad yet too narrow
Triggers

I'm not sure if thats enough but I just don't know how to put them into a straightforward answer since they all seem really longwinded... but thanks!!
I'm actually now in my 3rd year of uni for Law so I can't exactly pinpoint every single aspect. However, you're on the right track. I can send you some guideline by tuesday. But please do remind in the meantime. I'm sorry I can't be more earlier than this as I've got a lot of work to do. And no worries.
ichthys
Rep:
?
I'm actually now in my 3rd year of uni for Law so I can't exactly pinpoint every single aspect. However, you're on the right track. I can send you some guideline by tuesday. But please do remind in the meantime. I'm sorry I can't be more earlier than this as I've got a lot of work to do. And no worries.
Thank you again, I will remind you tomorrow
ichthys
Rep:
?
Hi are you free right now?
BrokenLife
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi are you free right now?
Hey! Thanks for reminding me. Dw I'll send you some sort of guidance tonight. Just going to look at some resources from first year.
BrokenLife
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Just sent you some notes on the law for the first question. As far as the structure of the question is concerned, its pretty simple.

Firstly talk about the current law and then CRITICALLY explain the flaws with it. Include case law to prove your point. This should be in your main body of the essay. Also, this would then lead you to conclusion.

Hope this helped. I'm sorry if it wasn't detailed enough.
ichthys
Rep:
?
Just sent you some notes on the law for the first question. As far as the structure of the question is concerned, its pretty simple.

Firstly talk about the current law and then CRITICALLY explain the flaws with it. Include case law to prove your point. This should be in your main body of the essay. Also, this would then lead you to conclusion.

Hope this helped. I'm sorry if it wasn't detailed enough.
Thank you! I'll have a look and see what I can use. If i have any further questions I'll get in contact. Thank you!!!
BrokenLife
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Thank you! I'll have a look and see what I can use. If i have any further questions I'll get in contact. Thank you!!!
No worries Anytime.
I'll send you more if I find some useful info.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Hull
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Nov '19
  • Edge Hill University
    All Faculties - Undergraduate and Postgraduate Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Nov '19
  • Keele University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Nov '19

What offers have you received from universities?

Unconditional (35)
18.04%
Unconditional if firmed (14)
7.22%
Unconditional if insurance (2)
1.03%
Both unconditional and unconditional if firm/insurance (5)
2.58%
No unconditional offers (138)
71.13%

Watched Threads