Turn on thread page Beta

I'm quite happy being an unregistered user. I'm not sure if anyone's aware of this, but there's an underground society running that deals with unregistered people's rights and privledges. There's also a union, where each unregistered user is required to stand up to bully members/moderators.

In my honest opinion, I think the current status system is crap and childish. It's the sort of thing an American 13-year-old would dream up. Being an education forum, I think a qualification-styled status would be heaps better. So for instance - people join as failures - and as the posts build up, so do the grades - until, that person has an A*. This way, it could lead to A-level status or even degree status 2:2 style etc.

Anyway, being a second-class guest, I'll go away now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unregistered)
    I'm quite happy being an unregistered user. I'm not sure if anyone's aware of this, but there's an underground society running that deals with unregistered people's rights and privledges. There's also a union, where each unregistered user is required to stand up to bully members/moderators.

In my honest opinion, I think the current status system is crap and childish. It's the sort of thing an American 13-year-old would dream up. Being an education forum, I think a qualification-styled status would be heaps better. So for instance - people join as failures - and as the posts build up, so do the grades - until, that person has an A*. This way, it could lead to A-level status or even degree status 2:2 style etc.

Anyway, being a second-class guest, I'll go away now.
    honestly..i didn't get the point of that post...from what i can see...Unregistered users are plotting a plan to take over the forum.then if they get enough power.hopefully tae over all of europes message forums soon the world...until one day they control every forum in the world...is that ur plan??

CR`

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unregistered)
    There's also a union, where each unregistered user is required to stand up to bully members/moderators.
    does this explain why soem unregistered users were siding against expression in earlier threads...

CR

woz that an act of aggression i detected their against by unregistered buddy?

ReputationRep:
    Ruler doesn't have the same ring to it as Overlord. How about Commander? or Commisioner?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
    Ruler doesn't have the same ring to it as Overlord. How about Commander? or Commisioner?
    I agree about the ruler bit as I have said- it doesn't have thje sort of power-sound to it...commander could be ok, but it sounds more military based and lower than the overlord- if they changed it you could be a commander before being an overlord I suppose...
    As for comminsioner- to me that sounds like some kind of art dealer or something...or a town council bloke- not powerful enough...

Hmmm...*tries to think of other prestigious titles one could have*

ReputationRep:
    god is higher than overlord

(Original post by CR3)
    honestly..i didn't get the point of that post
    Me neither, and I wrote it.

ReputationRep:
    Rather than being 'Guest's...I think it would be quite amusing if the title for unregistered users was 'Peasant' or 'Peasant of the forum'...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Egan1)
    Rather than being 'Guest's...I think it would be quite amusing if the title for unregistered users was 'Peasant' or 'Peasant of the forum'...
    peasant makes me think of like a poor citizen or something..i would keep it at guest

CR

(Original post by Egan1)
    I prefer guest thank you, and I'm sure I speak on behalf of my fellow guests as well.

ReputationRep:
    wouldn't it be great if guest could become new user for some of ur "fellow" guests

CR

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Egan1)
    I agree about the ruler bit as I have said- it doesn't have thje sort of power-sound to it...commander could be ok, but it sounds more military based and lower than the overlord- if they changed it you could be a commander before being an overlord I suppose...
    As for comminsioner- to me that sounds like some kind of art dealer or something...or a town council bloke- not powerful enough...

Hmmm...*tries to think of other prestigious titles one could have*
    The head of the police is the Commissioner.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CR3)
    peasant makes me think of like a poor citizen or something..i would keep it at guest
    Hmmm...well I was thinking of the feudal system- with 'overlord' (king) at the top and the stages below and the bottom is peasant...if for a massive post ranking your overlord then for no post ranking, as unregistered, your at the peasant end...no slight was meant, I happen to like the title of 'peasant' *swaps it for her title of power*...ah well...

ReputationRep:
    New avatar Lord Huntroyed?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Egan1)
    i noticed that too..very nice...if only i could gte one now

CR

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Egan1)
    d chose it for me. But I think I'll change it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CR3)

CR
    There's loads of new avatars on the 'default avatar' bit on user cp.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CR3)

CR
    What's stopping you?

And Lord- I think there's a current problem where members can't change them? Atleast that's what it says in the avatars thread...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
    There's loads of new avatars on the 'default avatar' bit on user cp.
    gotta go check em' then...thanks

CR

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.