Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

What should I do? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    What should I do?
    My mate from college is having an 18th birthday party on her birthday at her home, and Im invited.
    But on the same day my mates from home, are spending the day in BlackPool before they go to university and refusing to change the day, and Im invited there also.

Which one shall I go to??

ReputationRep:
    Where are you? Could you go to Blackpool for the day, leave early and then go to the party?

ReputationRep:
    Where are you? Could you go to Blackpool for the day, leave early and then go to the party?
    I agree with sashh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sashh)

The party is in the afternoon, cos its a barbeque. Its at 2pm, I cant leave from blackpool before that, otherwise theres no point in going.
    I just dont know which mate I should refuse :eek:

ReputationRep:
    depends who is going 2 the party, and if you wanna keep ur friends back home. if i were you, ild go to the party and tell ur friends that you are ill and say you will go with them next time. this is only advice, its ur decision on what u do. watever u do, have a gr8 time.

ReputationRep:
    blackpool is ace, goto blackpool \o/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlueAngel)
    What should I do?
    My mate from college is having an 18th birthday party on her birthday at her home, and Im invited.
    But on the same day my mates from home, are spending the day in BlackPool before they go to university and refusing to change the day, and Im invited there also.

Which one shall I go to??
    Go to the 18th birthday party, it's more important than a trip to Blackpool, which is a dump.

ReputationRep:
    Well so far, the partis wining. But I will see when this poll finishes in 5 days. I can never decide on my own, and In a way I dont want to let both of them down.

ReputationRep:
    LOOOL its amazing what we choose to poll about lately, and how we use it to determine simple actions. soon we'll be seeing polls like

what should i do now, take a s*** or brush my teeth

Take a s***
    Brush your teeth
    None of the above

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swatfa)
    LOOOL its amazing what we choose to poll about lately, and how we use it to determine simple actions. soon we'll be seeing polls like

what should i do now, take a s*** or brush my teeth

Take a s***
    Brush your teeth
    None of the above

Lol
    Go on brush your teeth, I can smell your gob from here.

ReputationRep:
    lol, i see where ur gettin at.

ReputationRep:
    the way i see it, the 18th party means a lot to one person...where as blackpool is a group thing.

so id go to the 18th party, as your mates will have a great time in blackpool...because theres a group of them, and you'd feel so guilty if the persons whos bday it is had a crap day because no one turned up.

also, if your mates are refusing to change the dates they cant want you to come that badly.

love Katy ***

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ickle_katy)
    the way i see it, the 18th party means a lot to one person...where as blackpool is a group thing.

so id go to the 18th party, as your mates will have a great time in blackpool...because theres a group of them, and you'd feel so guilty if the persons whos bday it is had a crap day because no one turned up.

also, if your mates are refusing to change the dates they cant want you to come that badly.

love Katy ***

Well said, I think I will consider that.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Cate)
    Go to the 18th birthday party, it's more important than a trip to Blackpool, which is a dump.
    Agreed - I'd rather sit in my back garden on my own than go to Blackpool....dirty nasty place.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JeSuS_sLiCeR)
    depends who is going 2 the party, and if you wanna keep ur friends back home. if i were you, ild go to the party and tell ur friends that you are ill and say you will go with them next time. this is only advice, its ur decision on what u do. watever u do, have a gr8 time.
    Lying isn't the way to do it, it's to easy to slip up about a party. Just tell them that's its a friends birthday and you've been asked to go. Tell understand. A small thing can make someone very happy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ToshTrent)
    Lying isn't the way to do it, it's to easy to slip up about a party. Just tell them that's its a friends birthday and you've been asked to go. Tell understand. A small thing can make someone very happy.
    Yeah I will them the truth, but I hope they dont say "we told you before", cos they did, oops my fault. Yes an 18th birthday, only comes once in a lifetime. Party it is!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlueAngel)
    Yeah I will them the truth, but I hope they dont say "we told you before", cos they did, oops my fault. Yes an 18th birthday, only comes once in a lifetime. Party it is!!!
    That's the sprit!

ReputationRep:
    Well blackpool is a bit of a dump, and they refuse to change the date. And birthdays are more important and only happen once a year, blackpool you can go to any time, and i'm sure you'll be able to say good bye at some other time to the other friends... besides you'll probably visit each other in uni, and all come home over christmas, so go to the Birthday Party.

ReputationRep:
    What's the matter with you? Can't you make a decision in your life without having to ask a load of people you don't know? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    The answer is simple.

Who did you say yes to first?

I'd hate it if i invited a friend somewhere and she said yes then changed her mind later because i'd feel like she had a better offer.

Also, which mates are you closet too?

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.