Skinny boyfriend issue...? Watch

lilbaby
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
My boyfriend is very skinny, but it doesn't bother me at all. If I had to say a preference I don't really care for muscles too much and I wouldn't change him if given the choice. He always says he's skinny, not in a bad self-loathing way, just in a factual way i guess. But our culture tells us that guys should be bigger to be more attractive, so even though I have no problem with his body at all, I don't know what to say when he brings it up because I don't want to say 'Yes you are skinny' just in case that offends him. Equally, I'd feel uncomfortable saying 'No you're not' for 2 reasons.. 1- because it's obviously not true and 2- because then he might think it's bad to be skinny as i'm denying he is (if that makes sense??). So if it ever comes up, how would you deal with this in a way that doesn't offend him?

I just want to add, when it's brought up, he's not saying it in a 'Give me attention and tell me I look good' sort of way, he just says it in a very matter of fact way like 'I can fit through there because I'm really skinny' etc... so he's not being a jerk or anything.
Jebedee
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Just respond "but do you even lift?".
He'll understand.
redleader1
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
What culture is this ? Just tell him that hes a little skinny but it doesnt matter you love him for him like for who he is. Being skinny is not an issue. So many guys are skinny when their young/
markovchain17
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
if hes ok with saying that he himself is skinny and in not self-loathing way then i think its fine if you just say "yes youre skinny"
username1854431
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by lilbaby)
x
Erm... tell him you like him being skinny because you're one of those dominant female types and you like how when you pin him down, he just struggles helplessly against your hold and can't break free because he's too weak. And say how that's a huge turn on for you.
angelcake123
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Say 'so what?'
LiquidGold
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
My boyfriend is skinny, i like it. If he ever brings it up i tell him i like him like he is. I also tell him him i like his body even if he doesn't bring it up of course
BookBird
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Put some meat on those bones.
Maker
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I am not really sure why the OP started this thread since there seems to be no problem with her BF being skinny.
It's****ingWOODY
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
If he's skinny and doesn't want to be skinny, tell him do something about it, get down the gym and start eating more. The day I realised I was skinny and not happy about it, I got online and read up on the basics of building muscle and got cracking.
Hevachan
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
No offence but it sounds like it bothers you that he's skinny more than it bothers him? My bf is skinny and I say it all the time when his bones poke me (lol not in that way) but I don't mind because I love him stomach and chest and everything so I tell him that too
Plumstone
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm in the same situation with a "skinny" boyfriend. Personally, I really like the fact that his slim build means his muscles are really well defined - most bigger guys have more body fat over the muscles, so the muscle definition often isn't as good.

If your boyfriend is happy with the way he looks, then don't see it as something you need to avoid or tread carefully around. If he mentions it, just lick your lips in a seductive way and say "I know you are..." and then pounce on him (if appropriate, of course)
hopeforthebest1
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
You should simply say: "You're perfect to me!"
Amankhanhussain
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
i am skinny. and i really don't like if someone says you are too skinny .i would prefer an advice . like eat well or go to gym. he need this.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you vote in the 2019 general election?

Yes (353)
46.45%
No (81)
10.66%
I'm not old enough (326)
42.89%

Watched Threads