Turn on thread page Beta

Mixed signals from a girl in a shop I work in? watch

There's a girl who's recently moved to the area of the shop where I work. She's really chatty, always says hello to me as soon as she walks in, has the odd "bit of banter" with me (I hate that phrase, but you catch my drift). when I ask her stuff about herself she always answers questions openly and doesn't act dismissive or like she's uncomfortable, and she initiates conversation with me when she comes to the till, even if it's usually "it's so cold outside!"

However, I have a thing about paying attention to girls' body language when I interact with them, and one thing I've noticed is that she doesn't make much eye contact with me when she speaks, although this is usually when she's sorting her purse out. The other night I was having a little chat with her, and she seemed normal, again chatty as per, but her body was pointed towards the door. She doesn't play with her hair all the time, although she does occasionally stroke little strands. There was another point the other night where she momentarily placed her fingertips on the top of her head when talking to me.

Thoughts?

ReputationRep:
    Looks good, nice attention to detail but don't overthink it!

Don't mistake her friendship/kindness for affection. Just because she speaks to you shouldn't be the signal she likes you in that way.

If the "banter" is flirty and you talk about going out after work (even in a group) for a drink or whatever then that could be a clue...

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Don't mistake her friendship/kindness for affection. Just because she speaks to you shouldn't be the signal she likes you in that way.

If the "banter" is flirty and you talk about going out after work (even in a group) for a drink or whatever then that could be a clue...
    She's only been coming in the past two weeks or so, but there was this one ex

"It's horrible, the weather outside."
    "Yep, and you've got another four months of this cold, dark misery."
    "Oh yeah, well thanks for telling me!" she said with a teasing smile on her face

A pretty mundane topic of course, but that's a sort of idea of our "banter" (eurgh!)

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 13, 2015
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.