Is really hard to do 4 A-levels for two years? Watch

Yummygummykai09
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I am really unsure whether I should do 4 A-levels. I am planning to take Chemistry, Biology, Maths and English Literature. I want to become a doctor, so I will need to take chem, bio and maths, but as for eng lit I'm not sure....

PLEASE HELP!
pippabethan
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Why not try it and see? What GCSE's did you get, and what career plans do you have?
BioStudentx
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Nope. I did it and it's relatively easy. Got 4 As, predicted 4 A*s.
exDel0
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
If you did well at GCSE you should be fine with those subjects. Having said that, I did well at GCSE and I'm finding A-Levels pretty tough so far (mainly because of the workload), and I do maths, further maths, physics and chemistry.
Hutchermav
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Not going to say that your choices are easy but if u wanna do medicine then you're options are set, Although I think English language would be a better choice than Lit. I do Lit though, be prepared to read lots and lots and be able to memorise quotes its closed Book Examination.
troubadour.
Badges: 18
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Yummygummykai09)
I am really unsure whether I should do 4 A-levels. I am planning to take Chemistry, Biology, Maths and English Literature. I want to become a doctor, so I will need to take chem, bio and maths, but as for eng lit I'm not sure....

PLEASE HELP!
You don't need to take maths to do medicine.
wizza998
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I suppose it depends on what matters to you. In the scheme of things your degree will be the most important academic qualification in becoming a doctor and if you feel as though you are putting your opportunity for a place at the university you want to attend at risk then why bother. Ensuring the right degree and university will be far more important to your future than an English A-level.
Hectors
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Yummygummykai09)

PLEASE HELP!
DO IT.
best decision i've made during my A levels. Definitely helped my time management and organisation.
Humz007
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
You could just do English until AS so there's less of a work load in year 13 and more time can be spent on the other three A Levels. I think A*A*A* is better than A*A*AA as uni's requirement are based on 3 grades - but I may be wrong, doing well in 4 subjects (more than what most people take) may still be attractive to them. I think if you're very very good at English and cut out for 4 A Levels then go for it. Otherwise just do it for AS.
Yummygummykai09
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by pippabethan)
Why not try it and see? What GCSE's did you get, and what career plans do you have?
I'm in yr 11 right now so I will be doing my GCSEs in the summer, but so far I have an A in maths and a A in RE. I want to be a doctor and apart from that I don't know...
Humz007
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Hydeman)
You don't need to take maths to do medicine.
True you don't need it, but maths is a good one to have for anything so op should stick to that
troubadour.
Badges: 18
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by HamzahPatel)
True you don't need it, but maths is a good one to have for anything so op should stick to that
It's rather more important for the OP to take a subject that he or she has the best chance of getting an A/A* in. Most medicine admissions tutor would rather you have an A in geography or history or English literature than have a C in maths.
Humz007
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Hydeman)
It's rather more important for the OP to take a subject that he or she has the best chance of getting an A/A* in. Most medicine admissions tutor would rather you have an A in geography or history or English literature than have a C in maths.
true that
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bishop Grosseteste University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 15 Nov '19
  • University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 16 Nov '19
  • University of Roehampton
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 16 Nov '19

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (16)
16.67%
Labour (40)
41.67%
Liberal Democrats (16)
16.67%
Green Party (5)
5.21%
Brexit Party (3)
3.13%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (0)
0%
SNP (2)
2.08%
Plaid Cymru (2)
2.08%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (0)
0%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (0)