Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I was reading an article and this random question popped into my mind but can you really record lectures?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jahnavi monya)
    I was reading an article and this random question popped into my mind but can you really record lectures?
    ??? yeah just record it on your phone

ReputationRep:
    You will need to ask them for permission and even if you are allowed, you will probably need to sign a confidentiality form.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah you are.

Everyone says you need to ask permission, but no one does.

ReputationRep:
    so grateful that all my lectures are uploaded online

ReputationRep:
    Yes, just make sure to ask for the lecturer's permission before you do it for the first time, for the sake of being courteous.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thegodofgod)
    Yes, just make sure to ask for the lecturer's permission before you do it for the first time, for the sake of being courteous.
    Thanks for the advice.

ReputationRep:
    If you do record you might find that you spend a lot of time trying to find certain bits of your lectures when listening back. I use an app on Android called Imits alongside my audio recorder which lets me make timestamps when important/interesting things are said and it has saved me a lot of time, it also gives you a number which you can reference in your written notes so that you can know what time different sections of your notes start at.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.