What is it like to date someone who is depressed or had suffered from depression? Watch

lilbaby
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
And is it the sort of thing that can come back easily? My boyfriend only recently recovered from it (before I met him) and I'm scared in case it might come back in the future. Would it affect the relationship?
Xavier617
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
It can affect it, but whether it does (or more specifically, to what extent it affects it to) depends on how you handle it as a couple Make an effort to understand it as best as you can, know what triggers it (if anything) and what you can do to help. It's easier said than done, but having helped an ex or two to overcome depression and/or anxiety, it's not impossible to work through or deal with. You will most likely never understand what it's like in your partner's head, but you can however be there for him when he needs it. How well you manage to do that will act as a pretty good indicator as to how much it's affecting your relationship and whether that's in a good or bad way. Whether it can come back, and how easily if so, depends on the person and context, nobody can give you a definitive answer for that really

Hope this helped at least a little haha
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (16)
16.33%
Labour (40)
40.82%
Liberal Democrats (18)
18.37%
Green Party (5)
5.1%
Brexit Party (3)
3.06%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (0)
0%
SNP (2)
2.04%
Plaid Cymru (2)
2.04%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (0)
0%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (0)