Is my scab picking serious? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Ever since I was young (10/11) I've picked at my scabs at every oppurtunity and then eaten them. I know it's disgusting and it's not a pleasure thing nor is it to relieve an itch it's just an impulse I cannot control. It's resulted in loads of horrible scars which make me reluctant to wear revealing clothing or show my legs. Apart from that it doesn't impact my daily life other than being stressed about the issue itself. I've tried to stop many times but to no avail. Do I need to see a doctor and get therapy or is this a problem I can fix myself? Any advice would be greatly appreciated
Andy98
  • Study Helper
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Ever since I was young (10/11) I've picked at my scabs at every oppurtunity and then eaten them. I know it's disgusting and it's not a pleasure thing nor is it to relieve an itch it's just an impulse I cannot control. It's resulted in loads of horrible scars which make me reluctant to wear revealing clothing or show my legs. Apart from that it doesn't impact my daily life other than being stressed about the issue itself. I've tried to stop many times but to no avail. Do I need to see a doctor and get therapy or is this a problem I can fix myself? Any advice would be greatly appreciated
You either haven't tried hard enough or need to seek therapy if you want it to stop

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

what's your favourite season?

Summer (62)
32.8%
Spring (35)
18.52%
Autumn/Fall (46)
24.34%
Winter (36)
19.05%
I love them all equally (10)
5.29%