When you listen to rock music what enjoyment does it bring?

Watch this thread
Souljer
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Seeing though theres no rhythm and just noise?

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's****ingWOODY
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 years ago
I'm not much of a metal head but that's bollox, metal has chords and vocals just like other styles of music. It's just heavier than other genres.

Only time I really listen to metal is on my drive to the gym sometimes, some ofit is quite energising and gets the aggression going.
AndrewSCO
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
You mean besides the drum rhythm, the bass, guitars, keyboards etc? What enjoyment does it bring when you listen to computer noises, lyrics about stupid **** which the artist probably didn't even write themselves

People can like what they want
monk1324
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Nice b8 m8
Souljer
Rep:
(Original post by AndrewSCO)
You mean besides the drum rhythm, the bass, guitars, keyboards etc? What enjoyment does it bring when you listen to computer noises, lyrics about stupid **** which the artist probably didn't even write themselves

People can like what they want
Calm down now! I'm asking a simple question, I'm not saying people can't like it. Splash some cold water on your face and calm it down.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Souljer
Rep:
(Original post by TitanicTeutonicPhil)
Ah, a brown/black person not understanding the appeal of the only real music in this world... that's ok, we don't need you at our clubs/shows.
Im white... just because I have lil wayne as my avatar you assume I'm black? Lol typical ignorant pig.

Posted from TSR Mobile
AndrewSCO
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Souljer)
Calm down now! I'm asking a simple question, I'm not saying people can't like it. Splash some cold water on your face and calm it down.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I am calm, saying there's no rhythm in rock music is simply incorrect.
Souljer
Rep:
I am calm, saying there's no rhythm in rock music is simply incorrect.
Well you seem to think by having instruments in a song= rhythm.. I could bang on a drum all day long without there being a rhytm to it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
AndrewSCO
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Well you seem to think by having instruments in a song= rhythm.. I could bang on a drum all day long without there being a rhytm to it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Obvious troll is obvious
BookBird
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
I like rock music because the lyrics are better, the instrumental parts are better, and the artists are cooler.
Prince_fancybum
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Im white... just because I have lil wayne as my avatar you assume I'm black? Lol typical ignorant pig.

Posted from TSR Mobile
If you like lil Wayne, who is universally renowned for being utter sh*te, then you're in no posisition to to criticise the musical preference of others
Macy1998
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
There are so many varieties and different sounds. It just so nice and interesting to listen to. I can't explain it but if you're into the genre of course you're going to enjoy it. If you're a diehard rap type of person of course you're going to enjoy that genre. It may not be everyone's cup of tea but it is for you.
Souljer
Rep:
Obvious troll is obvious
Fact that you cant disprove.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Souljer
Rep:
(Original post by Prince_fancybum)
If you like lil Wayne, who is universally renowned for being utter sh*te, then you're in no posisition to to criticise the musical preference of others
Yeah tell that to his bank account.

Posted from TSR Mobile
AndrewSCO
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Fact that you cant disprove.

Posted from TSR Mobile
So you don't think Oasis or the Beatles have any rhythm in their songs?

Yeah tell that to his bank account.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah cause there haven't been any rich rockstars
Souljer
Rep:
So you don't think Oasis or the Beatles have any rhythm in their songs?

Yeah cause there haven't been any rich rockstars
??? Wtf are you talking about? He implied lil Wayne is well known to make **** music so my statement was in regards to this not being true as hes made millions upon millions upon more millions from music. Seriously do I really need to guide you through simple conversation? You lack the basic skills needed for communication.

Posted from TSR Mobile
markovchain17
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
No rhythm ahaha
Some could argue even actual noise music has some sort of rhythm

Posted from TSR Mobile
AndrewSCO
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
??? Wtf are you talking about? He implied lil Wayne is well known to make **** music so my statement was in regards to this not being true as hes made millions upon millions upon more millions from music. Seriously do I really need to guide you through simple conversation? You lack the basic skills needed for communication.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah so you're saying Lil Wayne isn't **** because he makes money.

Yet despite rockstars also making tons of money you still don't think they can make good music?
Alexion
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by BookBird)
I like rock music because the lyrics are better, the instrumental parts are better, and the artists are cooler.
Couldn't have said it better myself.
Alexion
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Seeing though theres no rhythm and just noise?
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...3Px4OJaUtMCpbe

X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (38)
70.37%
No (12)
22.22%
I didn't use it to prepare (4)
7.41%

Watched Threads