Curley's Wife- Of Mice And Men

Watch this thread
Ferdowcey Rahman
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
How is she presented in the novel?
Everyone thinks she's some sort of tart but...
robinfr
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 years ago
i don't think she is a tart she just flirts because shes lonely and needs someone to talk to her. that's why she talked to lenny.
Ferdowcey Rahman
Rep:
(Original post by robinfr)
i don't think she is a tart she just flirts because shes lonely and needs someone to talk to her. that's why she talked to lenny.
I've mentioned that she is trapped as she wears ostrich feathers in a ranch.
idek -_-
robinfr
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
say how she wears red means shes dangerous to lennys and geoges dream or something
katieMCR
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
this isn't about how she is represented as a tart but from what I remember when I did it was that the title she goes by was a representation of how women were still seen as objects by men; 'Curley's wife' as in, she belonged to Curley.

http://www.cliffsnotes.com/literatur...s/curleys-wife this might help??
CalmeChristy
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
say how she wears red means shes dangerous to lennys and geoges dream or something
And also that the girl from Weed also wears a red dress, which gives the reader a sense of foreboding that something similar would happen again. Red not only connotes danger and death, but also seduction.

It also relates to the context, as women were low in status and not well respected in that period. Due to difference in status, women were often discriminated, being seen as promiscuous and a 'trap' (which could be seen in Of Mice of Men, like how the men call Curley's wife a 'jail bait'). This is why Curley's wife is lonely, and seeks for someone to talk to and express her true inner feelings

Hope this helps
Ferdowcey Rahman
Rep:
How do I mention that George thinks she's a piece of 'jailbait?'
robinfr
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
first talk about how George tries to control lenny (for his own good) then bring it in
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Do you know what you'll do if you don't get the grades you're hoping for?

Find something else in clearing (30)
27.27%
Take a gap year (17)
15.45%
Resit my exams (30)
27.27%
Look for alternate pathways to the career I want (17)
15.45%
I don't know yet (11)
10%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (5)
4.55%

Watched Threads