The Student Room Group

Camp America or Travel with Boyfriend?

So I've filled in the application for Camp America and was really excited about it until I spoke to my boyfriend. He's offended that I would want to travel without him. I would love to travel with him but he works full time so it would be difficult to get enough time off and I wouldn't have enough money to fund a long trip abroad if it wasn't for working at a summer camp.
He has made it quite clear that Camp America would not benefit me and I would be better off finding placements or work experience in an area related to my studies.

Anyone else been in a similar position? What did you do?
Ooooh. That is a tough situation right there. But I guess, if I were in your position, I would still go and pursue Camp America. Because that is what I really want and my partner should also feel the same way because that is what would make me happy. And I would really feel the same way towards her If she were to have the same situation. But then again, that is just me speaking. But you really need to speak with your boyfriend to clear things out. Ask him the REAL reason why and maybe you should consider. Let me know what you, guys, have talked about.
Original post by hannahstokes5
So I've filled in the application for Camp America and was really excited about it until I spoke to my boyfriend. He's offended that I would want to travel without him. I would love to travel with him but he works full time so it would be difficult to get enough time off and I wouldn't have enough money to fund a long trip abroad if it wasn't for working at a summer camp.
He has made it quite clear that Camp America would not benefit me and I would be better off finding placements or work experience in an area related to my studies.

tis a toughie. I feel the same with mates pulling me one way..
Original post by hannahstokes5

Hey! Great news that you've filled your application out for Camp America. Could you potentially do Camp America and then travel the USA with you boyfriend afterwards? As for it not benefiting you - Camp America provides lifelong skills such as confidence, independence, discipline, leadership skills and childcare experience! Let us know if you ever have any questions - Sophie.
First thing, you apply! You will get lots of time in the future to do serious placements/jobs and CA is an amazing way to spend a summer unlike most other experiences. Why not just apply, work at camp then get him to book a flight to travel afterwards? You could also be prepared and both book a USA tour together to give both of you something to look forward to.

Quick Reply

Latest