Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    How can people in different countries do the same exam from same board at different times. Doesn't that mean people could cheat :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adil Bhai)
    How can people in different countries do the same exam from same board at different times. Doesn't that mean people could cheat :confused:
    Theoretically yes, im not even sure if any exam boards do this but if they did then they might use different papers (different questions), the US and Asia dont use our exams so I presume it must be somewheree in Europe and the time deferences are very minor in that case.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adil Bhai)
    It does actually.someone on UKL asked me what time the UK gcse calculator maths was cos she was in the UAE and we should get together so she can tell me what on it!!
    didnt think much of that! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    im in the UAE .... its wierd .. we start our exams at 9 and 1 30 .... (GMT +4 ) ... but they dont let us go out till etither 12 pm .. or 430 pm ... depeniding on the session ... i dont think n e one could cheat if they wanted too ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by infekt)
    im in the UAE .... its wierd .. we start our exams at 9 and 1 30 .... (GMT +4 ) ... but they dont let us go out till etither 12 pm .. or 430 pm ... depeniding on the session ... i dont think n e one could cheat if they wanted too ...
    yh, i thought it was wierd too.the person i spoke to said that your exam would start at 8 our time so would be finished by 11, but ours started at 9 over here so there was no way i cud have spokn to her even if i wanted to. do you rekon they do it like that so at one point everyone is doing a paper and there cant be any discussion...all seems too much bother to me!
    how are you finding your exams?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah. My understanding is you have the offiicial UK start time of an exam, say 9.15am, and nobody will sit the exam earlier than that, and if people are sitting it later they will be in supervised conditions.

ReputationRep:
    I remember on the M1 exam, i came home and got online to find the guys in Uk still had around 45 minutes till thier exam, CHeating couldnt have been easier, but, we didnt!?

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.