How much are you going to revise during the Christmas holiday?

Watch this thread
Louanneee
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
The Christmas holiday is fast approaching and I was curious to see how much time people were planning on spending revising? I defiantly want to spend some time every other day revising and I don't want to leave it to the last minute (like I always do) to do homework and revise!
thecatwithnohat
Badges: 20
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 years ago
Probably 5-6 hours a day (incl. breaks) - excluding Christmas Day, Bank Holiday and New Years Day.
Helpmepickone
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Louanneee)
The Christmas holiday is fast approaching and I was curious to see how much time people were planning on spending revising? I defiantly want to spend some time every other day revising and I don't want to leave it to the last minute (like I always do) to do homework and revise!
trust me
alot
MrKmas508
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
I'm doing my mocks this week so I'm looking forward to doing nothing over the Christmas break.
rileystringer1
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
planning to do
  • some french everyday, one day: Les Choristes notes, the next day: reading exercises, the next day: translation exercises. and repeat
  • some human biology revision everyday, hopefully a chapter per day (of which there are seven in unit 4) but I'll probably end up spreading out for the chapters with more content
  • some psychology revision everyday
  • past papers once I've revised everything from a unit
whydoidothis?
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
more than I did last year, considering that was nothing it shouldn't be too hard.
rileystringer1
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by whydoidothis?)
more than I did last year, considering that was nothing it shouldn't be too hard.
:lol: i planned to do some work every day last year.. then i planned to do it in the february half term and so on until it gets to my exam days and i don't revise until the day (excluding french of course .. which i didn't work for at all)
M0nkey Thunder
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Probably 7-8 hours a day, aside from a day where I'll be doing a Studio Ghibli marathon with my sister and Aunt, as well as 2 more other days just to take breaks.
rileystringer1
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by M0nkey Thunder)
Probably 7-8 hours a day, aside from a day where I'll be doing a Studio Ghibli marathon with my sister and Aunt, as well as 2 more other days just to take breaks.
that's a bit much over the Christmas holidays isn't it?
i think i'll be doing 2-3 per day (if i add it up)

i feel like i should be putting a lot of work in over the holidays but i'm not just gonna sit and work for the duration because that's what i want a rest from
M0nkey Thunder
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by rileystringer1)
that's a bit much over the Christmas holidays isn't it?
i think i'll be doing 2-3 per day (if i add it up)

i feel like i should be putting a lot of work in over the holidays but i'm not just gonna sit and work for the duration because that's what i want a rest from
Well I really want to get all of my work done, consolidate all my knowledge and then try to get ahead of all of my classes. I see the "holidays" as being a good way for me to do all of that :3

Besides, provided I get a good 8 hours of sleep, I have around 8 hours left to do whatever I want in that day
kelefi
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
well ive done nothing so far in A2 in terms of revision, so im going to try and do 5 hours on weekdays (excluding breaks)
whydoidothis?
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
:lol: i planned to do some work every day last year.. then i planned to do it in the february half term and so on until it gets to my exam days and i don't revise until the day (excluding french of course .. which i didn't work for at all)
Exact same thing happened to me.
I had to learn all of AS level biology in 6 days from scratch.
Had 3 days for each exam lol. (time before)
rileystringer1
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by whydoidothis?)
Exact same thing happened to me.
I had to learn all of AS level biology in 6 days from scratch.
Had 3 days for each exam lol. (time before)
And what did you end up getting? :lol:
physicsamor
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
I need to get my life together over the christmas break, and make sure all my lessons are complete, all my notes are all there and my understanding is 100% the minimum I will do each day is 5 hours as that's what my normal lessons would equate too XD
whydoidothis?
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
And what did you end up getting? :lol:
The best part is I got an A aswell. I work alot better under pressure, keeps me motivated.
jamestg
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
My plan is to do enough work to make me confident that I could get an A in everything I've covered so far. That's my aim, and I WILL succeed. The past month I've been slacking a bit and half term was meant to be a super-productive time but I didn't put together a decent plan.
username1292215
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
As many hours as it takes to get the ****ing grades i want
jamesthehustler
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
maybe like 5 hours in a couple of weeks should be plenty
Louanneee
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by physicsamor)
I need to get my life together over the christmas break, and make sure all my lessons are complete, all my notes are all there and my understanding is 100% the minimum I will do each day is 5 hours as that's what my normal lessons would equate too XD
I'm with you there haha I need to get a good revision schedule going and make lots of revision notes!
physicsamor
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Louanneee)
I'm with you there haha I need to get a good revision schedule going and make lots of revision notes!
Yep There's no holiday for me, 2 weeks will change my whole life (you think I an joking but no), if I actually work each day XD And revision schedules are so goood otherwise I end up procrastinating if I don't have a set goal XD
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your Edexcel A-level Economics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (61)
15.8%
The paper was reasonable (190)
49.22%
Not feeling great about that exam... (97)
25.13%
It was TERRIBLE (38)
9.84%

Watched Threads