Is it normal to have feelings after....

Watch
Unknown1907
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Is it still normal to have feelings for my ex after four months of break up? This was our first serious relationship which lasted 2 solid years.

We have spoken loads since breaking up, and she told me she misses me, but she doesn't want to have a boyfriend as she is currently studying and I always used to put pressure on her.

I suggested to meet up, she said it's not normal to meet up an ex ( I think it's normal) but then she tells me she has feelings and tells me she misses me.... Weird.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Mayhem™
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Why did you break up in the first place? I don't want to spoil things for you but the first chance is the best you're going to get(I know this from personal experience)
Ribenas
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Of course it is normal. You don't go from loving someone to not in 17.381 weeks

-R
shawn_o1
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Do you miss her by any chance?
Oh, and I agree that it's better to wait until she's less busy.
Unknown1907
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by Mayhem™)
Why did you break up in the first place? I don't want to spoil things for you but the first chance is the best you're going to get(I know this from personal experience)
She's finishing second year uni, and I have a huge jealousy problem, and always wanted to see her but she had loads of work to do. I have realised what I've done and wished I would not have been such a d*** about it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Mayhem™
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Unknown1907)
She's finishing second year uni, and I have a huge jealousy problem, and always wanted to see her but she had loads of work to do. I have realised what I've done and wished I would not have been such a d*** about it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Then I suggest you don't try getting back with her, I know it's tempting(mostly because it appears easy as you've been together before), but the feeling won't be the same. Put your focus away from her, remain as friends.
mauricesylvester
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm in a very similar situation, and not that long after breaking up with my girlfriend we went out for a meal and met up a couple of times - it didn't help. It confused each others feelings and if it had carried on it would've got worse.

You wont be able to move on unless you distance yourself from her. Its tough but the only way to do it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Kevin De Bruyne
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
If you want those feelings to go away, you have to cut off contact from her.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (48)
16.22%
I'm not sure (8)
2.7%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (101)
34.12%
I have already dropped out (4)
1.35%
I'm not a current university student (135)
45.61%

Watched Threads