Little Old Me
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi,

It's probably a long-shot, but is anybody else starting a Postgraduate Diploma in Mental Health Practice at Middlesex University alongside working as a Trainee Mental Health Worker in London? For the January 2016 intake? Would be nice to know if anybody else is! x
tinkerbelle2
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi, I'm not - (sorry!) - but I'd be really interested to hear about how you get on!
Ayse Hamit
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi, i have an interview next week for the 2018 intake and i was wondering how you got on with the process and if you had any advice?
Tez455
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi, I have sat the the test and had the interveiw waiting to see if I got into the programme
Tez455
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Anyone got into the Trainee mental Health Worker programme 2018?
xkeirax
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi I got into the programme . Just found this thread.
Tez455
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by xkeirax)
Hi I got into the programme . Just found this thread.
Finally someone I have been allocated Haringrey Enfield and Barnet. How about you?
xkeirax
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I know what you mean Id been hoping to find a facebook group etc. I actually got allocated to Camden and Islington, but we'll all be going to uni together .
Tez455
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
[QUOTE=xkeirax;75007968]I know what you mean Id been hoping to find a facebook group etc. I actually got allocated to Camden and Islington, but we'll all be going to uni together .[/QUOTE
Good for you. I really wanted Camden and Islington as I have worked in bother boroughs for years! Not sure how to send you a direct message or my email privately we could compare notes of where we are in the process! Perhaps start a group?
YorkshireLad.
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi there,I’ve applied for the 2019 intake, I was just wondering what the assessment/test involves? Also, what were you thoughts about the whole experience?Thanks
Little Old Me
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi I started the course in January 2016 and it was okay. I moved to London for it and now work in one of the roles which are promoted during the course at Band 4. I trained through BEH and now work for C&I. The course was okay. A few weeks of lectures followed by weeks at work, vice verca.

The test was a numeracy and literacy type test. How are you guys finding it and for those due to start next year, what do you hope to gain from it?
Aisha164
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi i've applied for the 2019 intake any advice for the interview process like what questions to expect & is it individual or group interview etc. Thank you in advance
YorkshireLad.
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Little Old Me)
Hi I started the course in January 2016 and it was okay. I moved to London for it and now work in one of the roles which are promoted during the course at Band 4. I trained through BEH and now work for C&I. The course was okay. A few weeks of lectures followed by weeks at work, vice verca.

The test was a numeracy and literacy type test. How are you guys finding it and for those due to start next year, what do you hope to gain from it?
Hi there - thank you very much for your response! So it’s just a generic somewhat intelligence test?

I’m just hoping for experience really. I have zero experience in a clincial setting, and since eventually it’s what I want to get in to, I see this as a great opportunity for gaining experience for future jobs, I.e. assistant psychologist.
Aless2006
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi everyone! I applied last week, still waiting, I really hope to be invited for the assessment. Considering that it's a band 3 salary for only 3 days work a week (as I reckon from the vacancy), does anyone know how much we're paid monthly, more or less? Thanks!
YorkshireLad.
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Aless2006)
Hi everyone! I applied last week, still waiting, I really hope to be invited for the assessment. Considering that it's a band 3 salary for only 3 days work a week (as I reckon from the vacancy), does anyone know how much we're paid monthly, more or less? Thanks!
Hi Aless, I had the assessment on Saturday and they said they were still looking for applications so I’m sure they will. They said it’s around £965 per month, which obviously isn’t that much when living in London.
YorkshireLad.
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Aisha164)
Hi i've applied for the 2019 intake any advice for the interview process like what questions to expect & is it individual or group interview etc. Thank you in advance
Hi Aisha, have you received an email
about the interview questions yet?
Aless2006
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by YorkshireLad.)
Hi Aless, I had the assessment on Saturday and they said they were still looking for applications so I’m sure they will. They said it’s around £965 per month, which obviously isn’t that much when living in London.

Hi YorkshireLad, congrats!!! When did you send the application? Just so I have an idea about the time I have to wait for a response! I reckon it's not enough salary and I live in London but I can keep my support worker job and work few hours a month to survive! Thank you for the info! I'm a little bit nervous, I don't actually know the main tasks they're looking for. I gained my MSc degree abroad but it's recognised in UK and I have around 3 years clinical experience, but not in UK, where I only worked as a support worker. For my own experience, they don't give much consideration to clinical jobs abroad, in fact I've never been called for an interview beyond the support worker! Fingers crossed.
YorkshireLad.
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Aless2006)
Hi YorkshireLad, congrats!!! When did you send the application? Just so I have an idea about the time I have to wait for a response! I reckon it's not enough salary and I live in London but I can keep my support worker job and work few hours a month to survive! Thank you for the info! I'm a little bit nervous, I don't actually know the main tasks they're looking for. I gained my MSc degree abroad but it's recognised in UK and I have around 3 years clinical experience, but not in UK, where I only worked as a support worker. For my own experience, they don't give much consideration to clinical jobs abroad, in fact I've never been called for an interview beyond the support worker! Fingers crossed.
Hello, maybe last August time? And got an email about the assessment a few weeks later. I think we were the first batch of applicants so you might have to wait a bit longer just so there’s a lot more applicants to hold the assessment day, but you have more experience than most people so I’m sure you’ll be fine!
Jmariela
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi, I was at the assessment day last Saturday have you been given your interview time and questions yet? I haven’t heard anything 😅
Aisha164
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by YorkshireLad.)
Hi Aisha, have you received an email
about the interview questions yet?
Hi received it yesterday, although they said it will be on monday
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (109)
17.99%
It's just nice to be back! (163)
26.9%
Not great so far... (217)
35.81%
I want to drop out! (117)
19.31%

Watched Threads