The Student Room Group

Vilnius faculty of medicine

I am thinking of applying to medicine abroad (Czech republic and poland mainly) though couldnt find much information on Vilnius in lithuania.

Does anyone know if it is a good university (relatively speaking) and how lithuania compares to other countries.

Thanks,
Reply 1
Hi!
I am planning on studying medicine in Vilnius in english. I am a Lithuanian myself. I do not know much about the quality of studies but I have few acquaintances that study there in lithuanian language. Vilnius university has a good reputation in my country and is the best university in Lithuania so far. If you have any questions, please ask :smile: .
(edited 8 years ago)
It's very strong in theory, maybe not so good in practice but be sure that you will be pushed a lot to learn everything without a single exception. International students get the most globally appreciated books and learn from them. The thing is that you should understand that communication with professors won't be similar to any other European country - you need to respect them, call by title and never talk to as a friend. And get ready that they won't care what is going in your life and what is your name - you just need to learn well, that's all.

However, I'd strongly encourage you to study in Vilnius if you have a possibility. It's a very beautiful city - you can be sure that Vilnius trip will be the best in your life! And if you'll be able to visit Lithuania more extensively, you'll love it forever, I promise!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending