The Student Room Group

I like a girl who has just broken up with her LT boyfriend?

We've only recently met, but she has recently broken up with her long term boyfriend.

She definitely likes me back too, but I feel that rushing into the dating scene is a huge no-no.

I remember, during this class we werefixing on eachother, sometimes when we weren't even talking!!

Anyway, I feel like she'll probably have enough time to get over it all over Christmas. I just think spending time with her family and friends will help a lot. Apparently girls get over their relationships quicker too, especially when they're the dumper.

Thoughts? How should I go about asking her out after the holidays?
You have two options, sleep with her, or sit back and watch as some other guy does.
Original post by SgtHaytham
We've only recently met, but she has recently broken up with her long term boyfriend.

Thoughts? How should I go about asking her out after the holidays?

Take it slow, getting someone on the rebound often turns out to be for the wrong reason. You can waste time and get hurt if you plunge into something with someone who has baggage.

Ask her out after the holidays and talk about her issues and what she is looking for. Be clear about how you feel, but be careful with your expectations.

Good luck.
Reply 3
Original post by cole-slaw
You have two options, sleep with her, or sit back and watch as some other guy does.

Sleeps with her then gets dumped and she regains her self-esteem. Yeah.
Reply 4
Original post by alcibiade
Take it slow, getting someone on the rebound often turns out to be for the wrong reason. You can waste time and get hurt if you plunge into something with someone who has baggage.

Ask her out after the holidays and talk about her issues and what she is looking for. Be clear about how you feel, but be careful with your expectations.

Good luck.

BOLD: This is something I really do not want to do. I don't want to be her doormat. I don't want to ask her how she's feeling or whatever.

I will definitely be taking it slow and waiting until after the holidays till things have sorted out. She might act a lot more flirty too - which she already has on a few occasions.
Reply 5
She definitely broke up with him for you. Get in there bro.
Reply 6
Original post by Speckle
She definitely broke up with him for you. Get in there bro.

Nah I doubt that. It seems like it was ending before I came along.

However, she did say she was ending it in front of me when she was speaking to her friends...
Sleeps with her then gets dumped and she regains her self-esteem. Yeah.

Why would you get dumped? Are you a crap lover and a useless boyfriend?
Reply 8
Original post by cole-slaw
Why would you get dumped? Are you a crap lover and a useless boyfriend?

No, any guy who gets with her right now is a rebound. It'll be OK for the first month or so, then the mood will die off. I've been there before, on both sides.
No, any guy who gets with her right now is a rebound. It'll be OK for the first month or so, then the mood will die off. I've been there before, on both sides.

Why will the mood die off? Are you a crap lover and a useless boyfriend?

Stop reading magazines for teenage girls. There is no such thing as the rebound. I've slept with several girls literally the same day that they broke up with their boyfriend and the mood never "died off".
The length of time it takes her to get over her ex will depend on the length and intensity of the relationship and the circumstances surrounding the break up.

For example, if they've only been together a year and simply got bored with each other, then she'll move on a lot quicker than if they were madly in love for five years and then she found out he cheated with her sister.

Also, the fact that you don't want to talk to her about how she's feeling because you think that will make you "a doormat" suggests to me that she can probably do better than you anyway....
Reply 11
Original post by Plumstone

Also, the fact that you don't want to talk to her about how she's feeling because you think that will make you "a doormat" suggests to me that she can probably do better than you anyway....

Ha!

It's because her break up has nothing to do with me!!

If she wants to talk about her feelings, then I can sympathise, but that's it...
strike while the iron is hot
Reply 13
Be careful that you don't become a rebound. She may appear to be over it, but of course she would if she is trying to use you to cushion her fall. I personally only date people who have had a period of singleness and being okay with themselves and being alone. I don't let people monkey branch on over to me from someone else.
Reply 14
If she likes you - pounce. Otherwise someone will beat you to it. It's worth the rebound relationship risk.
Reply 15
[QUOTE=SgtHaytham;61294133]Sleeps with her then gets dumped and she regains her self-esteem. Yeah.at least he gets his oats..
Reply 16
Original post by ERose91xoxo
I've been single forever lol date me? xx

I recently got a new boyfriend so I can't be a hypocrite and monkeybranch over to you... The one that got away :cry2:
Reply 17
Original post by ERose91xoxo
lol dump him, i bet i have bigger tits than him :wink:

are u exclusive? xx

Boobies are wonderful but yes we are very much exclusive :h:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending