The Student Room Group

Junk food vs Healthy food. What do you prefer?

Guys and gals, what do u guys eat normally? Prepared food (McDonalds, KFC, Dominos or prepared supermarket food) or do u prepare ur own healthy food at home?
Is this a question? Do people actually prefer healthy food? Nandos and pizza for me, thaaanks.
Like both, usually make healthy food when I can be bothered
Reply 3
I don't care what the question is; if someone says pizza is junk food I'll..I'll.......
*cracks knuckles*
Reply 4
Original post by Neurosci
Like both, usually make healthy food when I can be bothered

What type of food u like cooking?
Original post by vguilvr
What type of food u like cooking?

Rissotto, Pasta, Stir frys, cooked breakfasts.

Cooked lamb shanks last night, were top notch!
Junk food as a treat but healthy food normally as it's much more satisfying knowing you took the better option for your health that just guzzling the tastiest greasiest **** on the menu
Reply 7
Whoever says they prefer healthy food is a liar and cannot be trusted.
Both are good, but the Inquisition made me eat the veggies.
Reply 9
Original post by aarora
Whoever says they prefer healthy food is a liar and cannot be trusted.

That may be debatable, if you it too much junk food you don't feel well after. Eating a healthy diet improves your animic and physical state, don't you think?
Reply 10
Original post by Little Popcorns
Junk food as a treat but healthy food normally as it's much more satisfying knowing you took the better option for your health that just guzzling the tastiest greasiest **** on the menu

Which are the "treat" occasions for you?
Reply 11
Original post by vguilvr
That may be debatable, if you it too much junk food you don't feel well after. Eating a healthy diet improves your animic and physical state, don't you think?

I don't deny that eating a healthy diet improves your physical state and is better for you. However your question was what do you prefer ... junk food e.g. pizza, chips, chocolates, crisps etc taste waaaay better than fruit and vegetables. Eating healthy is a lifestyle choice for a lot of people, they just sort of get on with eating what's good for them - I do that sometimes too, especially on days I go to the gym but I will never prefer healthy food to junk food. Junk food is just way more satisfying.
Depends. I prefer some healthy food to some unhealthy food and some unhealthy food to some healthy food. Like, no one can understand how I can hate pizza... But then I like plenty of unhealthy stuff like chocolate too.
(edited 8 years ago)
Genuniely prefer healthy food, by healthy food I mean home cooked meats veg rice pasta bla bla. If I eat too much junk it makes me feel crappy for some reason but you can't beat a maccers or kfc when you're hungover/drunk.

But yeah, normally I opt for homemade things, my only downfall is chocolate! Do go through phases where I can't turn it down.

*edit after reading the other posts*

Genuinely prefer the taste of healthy food ie avocado on whoemeal, or mozzarella pesto and tomato pasta or on wholemeal toast, homemade frittata, quinoa with spicy sauce and vegetables , if I had any of these sat infront of me next to a pizza or a maccers or kfc or nandos I'd go for them instead purely because they're so much more tastier :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by vguilvr
Which are the "treat" occasions for you?

Whenever I eat what I know isn't goid for me purely for enjoyment. You might count a pizza once every couple of weeks or nice but obviously fatty and unhealthy desert every now and then.
Reply 15
Healthy food - or at least wholesome food, full of warmth and nutrients - makes me feel a lot better than a quick fast food meal, which leaves me hungry after about half an hour again.
Healthy food.

I find unhealthier foods (although having been in treatment for anorexia nervosa [now weight-restored] for almost 2 years, they are very big on 'there's no such thing as good or bad food, everything in moderation') are far more satisfying when they're a rare occasion. Things like Christmas, a few days of feeling like it's constantly unhealthier, richer foods, or more chocolate and snacking, a few days of that and I feel like I just crave fruit and salad.

And I feel like the idea of fast food is always more appealing than it actually is in reality a lot of the time.

Quick Reply

Latest