discombobulation
4th July?!?!?!

But term finished 8th June?

Don't scare me like that.
I meant 4th June! oops. hééhéé
Cunning Linguist
I meant 4th June! oops. hééhéé

DO NOT SCARE ME LIKE THAT.
I AM OUT OF HERE THE SECOND MY LAST EXAM ENDS.

/end of panic :wink:
discombobulation
Just picked up on this one and thought I'd comment [about Italian lit]

At My university they expected us to read a NOVEL, a bloody novel, after like 3 months of learning - which I haven't managed to do...and basically there's either coursework or exam based on novel depending how you feel...I have to do the coursework cause there is no way I could cope without the book! I know the basic plot of the novel I had to read due to reading it as best I could but I just bought the English version in the end which I guess is OK at this stage, the tutor recommended it.

Aww that does sound harsh! I could barely manage a book at A Level lol never mind after just 3 months of learning from scratch :eek: Which novel did you try and read? Think you made the right choice going for coursework not exam, especially if you can't take the book in :eek:. Out of interest, what kind of essay titles have you had this year for Italian? I'm just interested so I know what to expect next year! Good luck with the oral - just try and think positive, if that helps. :rolleyes: (That was kind of useless advice I know - what I mean is just try and tell yourself that you're really good at Italian, and that you will do really well i nthis exam, so you have more confidence and don't get too nervous - it's how I got through my French A Level oral anyway!)
xx Rebecca
Aww that does sound harsh! I could barely manage a book at A Level lol never mind after just 3 months of learning from scratch :eek: Which novel did you try and read? Think you made the right choice going for coursework not exam, especially if you can't take the book in :eek:. Out of interest, what kind of essay titles have you had this year for Italian? I'm just interested so I know what to expect next year! Good luck with the oral - just try and think positive, if that helps. :rolleyes: (That was kind of useless advice I know - what I mean is just try and tell yourself that you're really good at Italian, and that you will do really well i nthis exam, so you have more confidence and don't get too nervous - it's how I got through my French A Level oral anyway!)

I had to try and read Calvino's Il barone rampante which annoyingly was quite hard to get hold of in English! It is quite a good story and I would probably have enjoyed it more if I'd been a bit further along in my Italian.
Here's someof the essay titles from a seen exam I did in January:
1. What were the main problems faced by Italy in the immediate aftermath of the Second World War and how successful was it in overcoming them?
2. To what extent did the 1948 Constitution solve the political problems faced by Italy after the fall of Fascism?
3. How 'miraculous' was the economic miracle experienced by Italy in the late 1950s?
4. Why was the Cassa per il Mezzogiorno set up, and how successful was it in achieving its aims?
5. Outline and discuss the political consequences of the Italian system of proportional representation before the early 1990s.
6. How successful has the Italian state been in combating organized crime since the end of the Second World War?
7. Outline and discuss any aspect of Italian society, politics, or culture that has been covered in this course unit in the context of modern Italian history and say briefly why you have chosen it.
My essay for 1st semester coursework was based on the Italian football scandal.
To be fair the 2nd year looks amazing in comparison as there's so much free choice but the first year, I guess it essential.
Hahaha my Italian oral is in about 2 weeks, which is scary buuut the tutor is giving us all the possible questions [secretly] so hopefully I can push my grade up a little bit!!
x
discombobulation
I had to try and read Calvino's Il barone rampante which annoyingly was quite hard to get hold of in English! It is quite a good story and I would probably have enjoyed it more if I'd been a bit further along in my Italian.
Here's someof the essay titles from a seen exam I did in January:
1. What were the main problems faced by Italy in the immediate aftermath of the Second World War and how successful was it in overcoming them?
2. To what extent did the 1948 Constitution solve the political problems faced by Italy after the fall of Fascism?
3. How 'miraculous' was the economic miracle experienced by Italy in the late 1950s?
4. Why was the Cassa per il Mezzogiorno set up, and how successful was it in achieving its aims?
5. Outline and discuss the political consequences of the Italian system of proportional representation before the early 1990s.
6. How successful has the Italian state been in combating organized crime since the end of the Second World War?
7. Outline and discuss any aspect of Italian society, politics, or culture that has been covered in this course unit in the context of modern Italian history and say briefly why you have chosen it.
My essay for 1st semester coursework was based on the Italian football scandal.
To be fair the 2nd year looks amazing in comparison as there's so much free choice but the first year, I guess it essential.
Hahaha my Italian oral is in about 2 weeks, which is scary buuut the tutor is giving us all the possible questions [secretly] so hopefully I can push my grade up a little bit!!
x

Thanks for all the info! Have some rep :biggrin: I'm guessing you had to answer the essay questions in Italian?? Maybe I'm wrong!
EDIT - Must get to uni so I can find out myself and not have to keep bothering everyone else by asking! :biggrin:
xx Rebecca
Thanks for all the info! Have some rep :biggrin: I'm guessing you had to answer the essay questions in Italian?? Maybe I'm wrong!
EDIT - Must get to uni so I can find out myself and not have to keep bothering everyone else by asking! :biggrin:

Nah!! Don't answer em in Italian, that would be impossible! I had 8 assessed coursework's and a language learning file which was the only written work which counts towards my languag module (25%)!

x

Latest

Trending

Trending