The Student Room Group

What are the most enjoyable A-levels?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I'm doing biology, chemistry and maths at A-level, and I did an AS in Spanish. I love all my subjects :smile: but I really really loved Spanish- I looked forward to every lesson and found it really useful and rewarding to be able to speak a different language fluently! I still do Spanish in my free time and love my Spanish songs lol :smile:
It was interesting to learn about the different types of feminists in Sociology.
Maths, further maths and physics were my most enjoyable. I think that's only because I prefer those subjects though.
Maths
Maths A-level, just single Maths. :colondollar:

Further Maths was okay but not as 'fun' apart from the stats modules like S4.
Original post by TGS_Lila
I want to know what a-levels are the most enjoyable, say your opinion on any a-level!
plus dont ask me about what sort of route i want to take at uni. i dont have one, just want to gain insight.

Politics is nice, Geography is ok. Classical civilisation is ok-ish.
I absolutely ADORE Psychology, it's so interesting and explains so much about human behaviour. However, you have to be prepared to learn and remember lots of specific details from studies, theories etc. Its lots of information but its so much fun!
P.E is ok, I'm on OCR and hate the socio-cultural and historical studies side but its ok.
Drama is fun in AS, you get to do a monologue and a group performance as well as exploration of two texts and a live theatre evaluation, but in A2 there is a 2 and a half hour exam on a play and you have to create a piece of drama, then write 3500 words which is assessed about how you created it, inspirations, practitioners etc. I enjoy it, but its personally my most challenging subject - DONT TAKE IT BECAUSE YOU THINK ITS EASY, ITS REALLY NOT, THERE ISNT A LOT OF PRACTICAL AT A2 EITHER!
My favourite is psychology :smile:
Further maths is really rewarding :biggrin:
Reply 48
none are 'enjoyable'
definitly not Maths, chemistry, physics or geography
Original post by TGS_Lila
I want to know what a-levels are the most enjoyable, say your opinion on any a-level!
plus dont ask me about what sort of route i want to take at uni. i dont have one, just want to gain insight.

Honestly if you pick what you are interested in you'll be fine, I enjoy maths thoroughly so maths and fmaths are very enjoyable for me.
Original post by LewisClothier
Honestly if you pick what you are interested in you'll be fine, I enjoy maths thoroughly so maths and fmaths are very enjoyable for me.

Ii was intrested in the subjects i choose but after a term i strongly dislike all of them, there is so much bull****e that goes with them
I love Economics 💞
Reply 53
Physics -Tells you how the universe functions
Maths and Further maths - explains why the universe functions as such
Chemistry - All the rest you need to know.

These are enjoyable plus you can do anything with them.
Reply 54
I like A level History of Art - it's different to anything I took at GCSE :smile:
Original post by kennethdcharles
Physics -Tells you how the universe functions
Maths and Further maths - explains why the universe functions as such
Chemistry - All the rest you need to know.

These are enjoyable plus you can do anything with them.

this is exactly why i picked my a levels !
Reply 56
maths and fine art
Reply 57
Original post by Pentaquark
this is exactly why i picked my a levels !

I've noticed it's a very popular combination for bright students.
Physics is really fun. Chemistry is also quite fun.
Maths and Further Maths are incredibly boring at times; learn method, apply method 20 billion times. Every once in a while there is an interesting question, but that's about it.
Biology is awesome; all the stuff about experiments and making conclusions is really fun.
A levels aren't synonymous with enjoyment mate

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest