The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Klix88
There isn't a Windows version - Final Cut Pro is Mac-only.

ETA: Sorry - I guess that was the point you were making!

Suggestions are wondershare primora which is free or Adobe Premier Pro.
If your course says you must get a Mac then get a Mac and dont worry about the extra money, it will be worth it.
Original post by Jackieox
...Or go through Apple Education and it's £729 total for the Mac Air 13 inch and claim back whatever Student finance were going to pay...that's what I did anyway...

how do you claim it back?!
Original post by millie.gd
how do you claim it back?!

You just fill out the DSA form and post it to them with the receipt of the laptop. Keep in mind they only pay what they were going to...So i got back £95 but i didn't have to pay the £200 and i could put that towards my laptop instead
Reply 23
Hey how did you get student finance to
Claim the money for the mac back?

(Original post by Jackieox)...Or go through Apple Education and it's £729 total for the Mac Air 13 inch and claim back whatever Student finance were going to pay...that's what I did anyway...
Reply 24
Hey how did you get student finance to
Claim the money for the mac back?

(Original post by Jackieox)...Or go through Apple Education and it's £729 total for the Mac Air 13 inch and claim back whatever Student finance were going to pay...that's what I did anyway...
Original post by Tiger Rag
You keep all the equipment given to you by DSA.

Of course, maestro. :smile:
Original post by Jackieox
...Or go through Apple Education and it's £729 total for the Mac Air 13 inch and claim back whatever Student finance were going to pay...that's what I did anyway...

Hi, I need your help with my computer upgrade; DSA offered me Microsoft Surface Pro7 at the cost of £795. Because the screen is too small for me (12.4), I want to upgrade to SUrface pro8 or Surface laptop. However, the seller gave the quote with £300 higher price than the Microsoft website, which is very strange, so can I buy directly from Microsoft and claim from DSA and do they pay the amount they approved for the computer(£795)?
Thanks

Latest