The Student Room Group

12K in the bank?

I'm 21, in my first year of uni and been working for a few years. Managed to save £12K in the bank... is that the normal amount 21 year olds are supposed to have? I live at home too btw.
Reply 1
Original post by cocogirl123
I'm 21, in my first year of uni and been working for a few years. Managed to save £12K in the bank... is that the normal amount 21 year olds are supposed to have? I live at home too btw.

It's not a huge amount, certainly not enough to begin making thinly veiled boasting threads about.
Reply 2
i have 44 pence :frown:
Reply 3
you live at home and have been working for a few years so i'd say it probably makes sense.

As above, no where near enough to brag about.
Reply 4
For a 21 year old at uni you are ahead of most.
However, as this is your first year, you have around 30-40k worth of costs coming up and then you should be thinking about wealth preservation through mortgages, investments etc.
In reality if you are looking to have lots of money it all comes down to your future job and salary which is statistically determined by your degree
Reply 5
Original post by stirkee
you live at home and have been working for a few years so i'd say it probably makes sense.

As above, no where near enough to brag about.

Who said I was bragging? I was simply asking whether it's "comfortable" enough to have at my age? Some students my age have nothing.
Reply 6
Original post by Reue
It's not a huge amount, certainly not enough to begin making thinly veiled boasting threads about.

Again, stop misreading. Just asking if it's "comfortable" enough for now and the future? Remember, some students my age have nothing.
Reply 7
Original post by unya
For a 21 year old at uni you are ahead of most.
However, as this is your first year, you have around 30-40k worth of costs coming up and then you should be thinking about wealth preservation through mortgages, investments etc.
In reality if you are looking to have lots of money it all comes down to your future job and salary which is statistically determined by your degree

True, however I'm not stupid with my money. I don't go getting wrecked here and there. I spend when I need to and always look for deals. So it isn't as if I'm reckless with it.

Plus I already have a plan as to what I want to do in the future anyway.
Reply 8
Again, stop misreading. Just asking if it's "comfortable" enough for now and the future? Remember, some students my age have nothing.

You asked the exact same question 5 months ago.

People answered you honestly then. Now it's clearly just trying to brag.
Reply 9
Baller.
Who said I was bragging? I was simply asking whether it's "comfortable" enough to have at my age? Some students my age have nothing.

well if you appreciate that some students your age have nothing then are you not almost answering your own question?

Why do you need to ask the question anyway? Why do you need someone to tell you "yes its a lot" or "no its normal"?

I bought my first house aged 21. Paid for.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Bill_Gates
I brought my first house aged 21. Paid for.

Where did you bring it?

You only have to watch the news to find there's adults in this country who rely on food banks, let alone have money. Of course you know it's a lot. I mean you even said "Some students my age have nothing"
The money you have depends on what profession you're in, if you're living with your parents, if you're single, and who's paying your bills etc etc.

If you're looking for an answer; maybe try Google?
Reply 14
Original post by Reue
You asked the exact same question 5 months ago.

People answered you honestly then. Now it's clearly just trying to brag.

Every time I come across one of your replies I think you're being mean then scroll down and you have a good reason and expose OP. I love it :colondollar: Go you.
Reply 15
Original post by Sae.HH
Every time I come across one of your replies I think you're being mean then scroll down and you have a good reason and expose OP. I love it :colondollar: Go you.

I'm never mean...

Just brutally honest.
Original post by thecdon
Where did you bring it?

jelly brah

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending