kenny1234
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Ok im just going to go straight to the point. im a home student and need help with module combos.

im a bit confused.

i want to an A level in maths, pure maths, further maths, statistics

A level math

MPC1
MPC2
MPC3
MPC4
MM1B
MS1B

PURE MATH

MPC1,2,3,4 + MFP1 + MFP2/MFP3/MFP4

As im doing mpc1,2,3,4 for a level math will i be allowed to just do 2 modules mfp1 +mfp2 to get another a level, is that possible, will they be counted to a pure maths a level thats whats confusing me, maybe im thinking too much.

Further maths

i have no idea which modules to choose from AQA did a terrible job with this in the specification or maybe im just dumb. if someone could help me out with what modules i can choose from i would greatly appreciate your help.

many thanks
gdunne42
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by kenny1234)
Ok im just going to go straight to the point. im a home student and need help with module combos.

im a bit confused.

A level math

MPC1
MPC2
MPC3
MPC4
MM1B
MS1B

PURE MATH

As im doing mpc1,2,3,4 for a level math will i be allowed to just do 2 modules mfp1 +mfp2 to get another a level, is that possible, will they be counted to a pure maths a level thats whats confusing me, maybe im thinking too much.

Further maths

i have no idea which modules to choose from AQA did a terrible job with this in the specification or maybe im just dumb. if someone could help me out with what modules i can choose from i would greatly appreciate your help.

many thanks
The specification is pretty clear.

An A level in pure maths is only really there for people who want a single A level and don't want to do the applications units required in regular Maths. You can't count the same unit twice for different A level qualifications.

For A level further maths you need any 2 MFP units plus any 4 other units not used in regular Maths. (That could in,dude other MFP units)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Muttley79
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by kenny1234)

im a bit confused.

A level math

MPC1
MPC2
MPC3
MPC4
MM1B
MS1B

PURE MATH

Further maths

many thanks
Read the AQA specification:
http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects...60-W-SP-14.PDF

A level maths: C1 to C4 plus two application modules

A level F Maths: see their rules

In Edexcel you can get three A levels by taking 18 different modules - you can't count modules twice!

Your school will usually decide which modules they are going to offer.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (27)
35.53%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (8)
10.53%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (4)
5.26%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (23)
30.26%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (9)
11.84%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (5)
6.58%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise