How do you guys revise for psychology?
rileystringer1
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Onlychantele)
How do you guys revise for psychology?
Well I've written model (12 mark) essays on everything on the specification (Edexcel) and got them marked and got them up to full marks. Some things that couldn't be a 12 marker I've found past questions (or made them up based on other similar ones) just to make sure I've got the right amount of content in my notes. Don't want to learn more than what is necessary, but don't want to not have enough.

As revision I'm gonna read through them and practice my memory on my whiteboard, if I don't remember certain things I write them in in red and note to come back to test that topic again. Once I have some sort of retention of the answers I make cue cards with a few words on just for quick revision, so I can read one and think through the whole answer in my head. If I can't then I need to go back over the whole answer and re-revise it.

So far I'm getting full marks in my assessments and tests. The method I use isn't just memorizing answers for anything that could come up (..in a fashion ) but it helps me to develop my exam technique and skills through getting my work marked all the time, it allows me to see how to get marks on different types of questions.
Ribenas
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I have made flash cards on everything in the social approach! PowerPoints with a slide for every bullet point on the specification of my course...that is it so far. Good luck in your revision!

-R
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With no certainty that exams next year wil take place, how does this make you feel?

More motivated (31)
25.62%
Less motivated (90)
74.38%

Watched Threads