edexcel grade boundaries Watch

This discussion is closed.
Joseph
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Does anyone know about the grade boundaries for edexcel AS GCE biology chemistry and pure mathematics?
And how are the UMS marks calculated?
LH
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Joseph)
Does anyone know about the grade boundaries for edexcel AS GCE biology chemistry and pure mathematics?
And how are the UMS marks calculated?
I thought grade boundaries were set after all the papers have been marked, then they decide x% get an A and y% get a B etc.
Expression
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
I thought grade boundaries were set after all the papers have been marked, then they decide x% get an A and y% get a B etc.
In normal circumstances, on what the exam board would probably call a perfect paper, both in the questions, and the way the students answered it;

80 % = A
70 % = B
60 % = C
50 % = D
40 % = E
< 40 % = U

This from the fact that this is how a paper weighted UMS 100, is broken down for the grades.

However, there are abnormalities to this, Edexcels Pure 3 with be this years key example, and if a paper was found especially hard they may move the boundary down a few percent so that say 76 % gets you an A, still worth 80 on the UMS and so on and so on going down the grading ladder.
Xenon
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
A few percent for P3. No way! It's gotta be a lot more than 4 percent, because that small a difference won't help many people at all. At least i hope that they move the boundaries down by more than that.
X

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you going to self-release into Clearing?

Yes I've pressed the button (98)
18.96%
No I'm happy with my uni offer (329)
63.64%
Not yet but I am planning to (24)
4.64%
Not yet but I might (66)
12.77%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed