AS AND A2 A Level OCR SYLLABUS?

Watch this thread
lboydhill
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hi I am wanting to study AS then A2 Maths as an independent candidate. The college where I will sit it uses OCR exam board, so I need to get books to match.

It is still a modular exam and I want to take statistics not mechanics.

Please could someone give a run down on exactly the books I need, as precise as possible. As in, if there's Core1 then Core2 then Stats1 for AS? Or something more? If you also know the specific brand of book used as well that'd be great, or if it doesn't matter please let me know.

Thanks in advance if you can help, I'd really appreciate it.
Compost
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by lboydhill)
Hi I am wanting to study AS then A2 Maths as an independent candidate. The college where I will sit it uses OCR exam board, so I need to get books to match.

It is still a modular exam and I want to take statistics not mechanics..
It is still modular. You will need 6 books for Core Maths 1-4 and then for Mechanics 1 and Statistics 1. I'm not familiar with the straight OCR Maths spec (as opposed to OCR(MEI)) so can't give you any recommends for books.
lboydhill
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by Compost)
It is still modular. You will need 6 books for Core Maths 1-4 and then for Mechanics 1 and Statistics 1. I'm not familiar with the straight OCR Maths spec (as opposed to OCR(MEI)) so can't give you any recommends for books.
Thanks very much.

Is that six books for AS and A2?

Also, I'm a bit confused as to why I need mechanics as well as a statistics book? I thought you had to choose one or the other - or is that not the case?

Thanks again.
Compost
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by lboydhill)
Thanks very much.

Is that six books for AS and A2?

Also, I'm a bit confused as to why I need mechanics as well as a statistics book? I thought you had to choose one or the other - or is that not the case?

Thanks again.
Sorry, I misread you original post and thought you wanted to do S1 and M1, which is allowable, but from what you said I think you want to do S1 and S2 rather than S1 and M1.
The Poo Man
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Compost)
Sorry, I misread you original post and thought you wanted to do S1 and M1, which is allowable, but from what you said I think you want to do S1 and S2 rather than S1 and M1.
U dweeb M1 is a motorway :facepalm:
Compost
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by The Poo Man)
U dweeb M1 is a motorway :facepalm:
I've done both a fair way past Further Maths and would pick Mechanics over Stats any day but the OP asked about Stats.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Do you know what you'll do if you don't get the grades you're hoping for?

Find something else in clearing (40)
28.78%
Take a gap year (22)
15.83%
Resit my exams (38)
27.34%
Look for alternate pathways to the career I want (18)
12.95%
I don't know yet (15)
10.79%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (6)
4.32%

Watched Threads