The Student Room Group

Do guys prefer high or low maintenance girls?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Betelgeuse-
lol did you do that whilst pouting and holding up your freshly manicured nails?

Again, excuse me?
Original post by ATLHustler
Haha how? XD

Just gave me a feeling haha. In what way do you think you're high maintenance?
Again, excuse me?

tehehehehehe xo xo
Original post by Betelgeuse-
tehehehehehe xo xo

Haha, you're funny xD

Original post by BristolFresher15
Just gave me a feeling haha. In what way do you think you're high maintenance?

Just take pride in how I look, what I do, how I am towards others. In relationships, I do expect a degree of attention, but I don't like too much, and I like to give back. I don't think I'm needy, because I can't stand anyone being needy, over protective or controlling towards me. Yes I do wear makeup, I will wear heels, but don't do it in an effort to inflate my ego, it's laughable when you see some girls trying that stuff xD just been told I'm high maintenance and it paid off xD
Just take pride in how I look, what I do, how I am towards others. In relationships, I do expect a degree of attention, but I don't like too much, and I like to give back. I don't think I'm needy, because I can't stand anyone being needy, over protective or controlling towards me. Yes I do wear makeup, I will wear heels, but don't do it in an effort to inflate my ego, it's laughable when you see some girls trying that stuff xD just been told I'm high maintenance and it paid off xD

Which of these things is the high maintenance part again?
I think your definition of high maintenance and low maintenance is needed here. I suppose it can also ring true a person may be high maintenance in some areas and low maintenance in others.

Asking for respect and equality in relationships isn't "high maintenance" btw (as some people seem to assume).
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
I think your definition of high maintenance and low maintenance is needed here. I suppose it can also ring true a person may be high maintenance in some areas and low maintenance in others.

Asking for respect and equality in relationships isn't "high maintenance" btw (as some people seem to assume).

This ^^
I did give what way I was thinking, but some people are assuming it's purely about being stuck up and shallow etc

Can always count on you to show both sides xD
ust take pride in how I look, what I do, how I am towards others. In relationships, I do expect a degree of attention, but I don't like too much, and I like to give back. I don't think I'm needy, because I can't stand anyone being needy, over protective or controlling towards me. Yes I do wear makeup, I will wear heels, but don't do it in an effort to inflate my ego, it's laughable when you see some girls trying that stuff xD just been told I'm high maintenance and it paid off xD

Fair enough, that stuff is good to have :smile: apart from heels, I hate heels.

Spoiler

Fair enough, that stuff is good to have :smile: apart from heels, I hate heels.

Spoiler

Go on then, how short we talking?
This ^^
I did give what way I was thinking, but some people are assuming it's purely about being stuck up and shallow etc

Can always count on you to show both sides xD

Lol I do it all the time XD

"Should I have fruit and fiber cereal with milk, or shall I use the milk for tea and have toast, toast will fill me up for longer so going with the latter." :tongue:
Go on then, how short we talking?

5'7 :frown:
Is that genuinely how you think though? What if a you had a lovely high maintenance girl, good looking, takes care of herself and has a lovely personality, but does cost a bit more. Compared to someone who doesn't make you happy but costs less.

Women aren't products. They shouldn't 'cost money' for the guy. We aren't buying them when we go out with them.

A woman who takes care of herself and is attractive to me is great, and it's what I look for. But if that necessarily comes with her expecting me to pay for everything just because I have a penis (as it seems in your example where she 'costs a bit more') then she immediately becomes unattractive due to her entitlement complex.

It may seem like blasphemy on this forum, but I'd much rather date a feminist who I knew had the same opinion as me on this topic, AND who I found attractive (both physically and mentally). Women like that really aren't hard to find, so I won't settle for less.
Original post by Danz123
Women aren't products. They shouldn't 'cost money' for the guy. We aren't buying them when we go out with them.

A woman who takes care of herself and is attractive to me is great, and it's what I look for. But if that necessarily comes with her expecting me to pay for everything just because I have a penis (as it seems in your example where she 'costs a bit more':wink: then she immediately becomes unattractive due to her entitlement complex.

It may seem like blasphemy on this forum, but I'd much rather date a feminist who I knew had the same opinion as me on this topic, AND who I found attractive (both physically and mentally). Women like that really aren't hard to find, so I won't settle for less.

The person who I wrote the reply for knew what I meant. And okay :smile:
5'7 :frown:

Quite tall compared to me, I'm five foot, would still be shorter than you in my biggest heels
Quite tall compared to me, I'm five foot, would still be shorter than you in my biggest heels

That's my ideal height for a girl. Unfortunately Europeans are pretty tall :frown:
Original post by Bupdeeboowah
One that pays for herself.

THIS.
The person who I wrote the reply for knew what I meant. And okay :smile:

Fair enough, and reading through your posts it seems you're purely talking about high maintenance in the sense of taking care of your appearance. If a girl uses her own money to do that, no guy's gonna complain. I mean if a girl (or guy) places so much value in her appearance and is one of those types who gets so distressed breaking a nail, well that's unattractive. Simply wanting to look good however, is obviously a desirable trait. It's just when girls talk about being 'high maintenance' it does seem to veer into this desire to be treated like a princess. Girls like that I avoid like the plague. :lol:
Original post by Danz123
Fair enough, and reading through your posts it seems you're purely talking about high maintenance in the sense of taking care of your appearance. If a girl uses her own money to do that, no guy's gonna complain. I mean if a girl (or guy) places so much value in her appearance and is one of those types who gets so distressed breaking a nail, well that's unattractive. Simply wanting to look good however, is obviously a desirable trait. It's just when girls talk about being 'high maintenance' it does seem to veer into this desire to be treated like a princess. Girls like that I avoid like the plague. :lol:

Lol that is true actually, and if a man desired to be treated like a "king" I would avoid him like the plague also. :redface:
Reply 78
A girl who would look at me like I was an moron if she ever heard me discuss how much "maintenance" she needs.
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
Lol that is true actually, and if a man desired to be treated like a "king" I would avoid him like the plague also. :redface:

Exactly Mav! Unsurprising that we agree though, haha that seems like the norm for us. xD

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending