Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Argh - it's mine and my girlfriend's three year anniversary next week. Anyone got any decent ideas for a present?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThePants999)
    Argh - it's mine and my girlfriend's three year anniversary next week. Anyone got any decent ideas for a present?
    get her three packets of lasagne.

ReputationRep:

Jewellery usually does well as gifts. How about diamonds, shell love those.

ReputationRep:
    are u planning anything, don't tell me just a present!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlueAngel)
    Jewellery usually does well as gifts. How about diamonds, shell love those.
    it depends on what kinda of girl she is
    personally i know diamonds are good but i perfer something much artistic and creative etc. rather than expensive things

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wiwarin_mir)
    get her three packets of lasagne.
    A years supply of crab stcks and a pot of playdough should do the trick.

ReputationRep:
    How about you make her something personally. My dream is for Shane Filan to make me a photoframed picture of us. He would gather all pics of us 2, stick them down on cardboard and fill the gaps with glitter etc..
    Then put a frame around it. Its a sweet idea and shows her you love her.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Investmentboy)
    A years supply of crab stcks and a pot of playdough should do the trick.
    or a tribble, she would love it, unless she is klingon.

ReputationRep:
    These might be good for her if you're a creative kind of person.. Although you say the anniversary's next week so perhaps there's not much time to make anything big but here are three of my favourite things to make as presents for a partner:

- Make a CD compilation of songs u both relate to ur relationship, which are special to u in some way.. then write/type an inlay booklet where u write a sentence or more about each track and how it makes u think of her/your relationship. Something along those lines anyway.

- Create a scrapbook/journal of things you've done together. Probably only worth doing if u have lots of things that u can put in it (poems, song lyrics, letters, cards, photos, things u've written about her, ticket stubs etc) and probably better if you had more than a week to make it.

- This one's hard to explain, but my boyfriend made one for me so i'll try.. A little book (size of an address-book/mini notebook, or home-made), each page headed by a letter from A - Z, and on each page is a word (beginning with that letter) that has some relevance to your relationship.. it could be silly words you/she made up, or ones u say a lot, words/phrases that have been important to u in some way.. Then you write about what it means to you or why you chose it.

If that didnt help, try browsing these websites which are full of good ideas for presents and sweet things to do for a partner..
    http://www.romantic-tips.com/
    http://www.theromantic.com/
    http://www.lovingyou.com/content/romance/?ID=ideas

Good luck

ReputationRep:
    Id say go for a combo, do the personal things, diamond...take her out for a meal. More is better.

ReputationRep:
    Oohhhh, I love that last one, Procrastinator! Time to get thinking! Thanks very much for the ideas, guys, and more always appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    three yeears? How about a marriage proposal

MB

ReputationRep:
    Not for a year or so yet

ReputationRep:
    Chris- get her the one thing that she's always wanted- a top banana (or gold banana if you're feeling generous) t shirt .

ReputationRep:
    She can have my top banana T-shirt, it doesn't fit me... and unfortunately I never got a gold banana one.

ReputationRep:
    a dildo, for those nights when you are away

ReputationRep:
    You can get a model of your **** made, give her one of them.

ReputationRep:
    A weekend away in a nice hotel where you can spoil her

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the SERIOUS suggestions... no thanks to those posts where even the authors know they're wasting everyone's time.

Kitten - I'd love to do something like that, but alas she's in Spain for the year... although I'll be flying out to see her, the fact I don't speak Spanish stops me from organising anything! Ideas like that I'll bear in mind for her birthday when she's back in the UK.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the SERIOUS suggestions... no thanks to those posts where even the authors know they're wasting everyone's time.

Kitten - I'd love to do something like that, but alas she's in Spain for the year... although I'll be flying out to see her, the fact I don't speak Spanish stops me from organising anything! Ideas like that I'll bear in mind for her birthday when she's back in the UK.
    what are you trying to suggest mate

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.