Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shilling)
    I was just reading this ---> http://palatinate.dsu.org.uk/Sense/46/
    It basically just goes on about the whole "rah" stereotype in Durham. Anyway, I came across the words "pink pashmina" so often, I finally had to feed it into google, to find out what on earth was meant. I found lots of pictures - and "Oh dear....I own a scarf just like that!" All I need to do, is plug in a pair of pearl earings, and I'm almost one of them. :eek: (Minus the loud voice perhaps...I'm not really very loud).
    I still don't get what their stereotype of "Rah" is...oh and I just looked up a picture of "pink pashmina" as well, it just looks like a normal scarf except that it's pink :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kirki)
    And John's!

We have stairs *nod nods*
    Hail Stairs!

ReputationRep:
    I was just reading this ---> http://palatinate.dsu.org.uk/Sense/46/
    It basically just goes on about the whole "rah" stereotype in Durham. Anyway, I came across the words "pink pashmina" so often, I finally had to feed it into google, to find out what on earth was meant. I found lots of pictures - and "Oh dear....I own a scarf just like that!" All I need to do, is plug in a pair of pearl earings, and I'm almost one of them. :eek: (Minus the loud voice perhaps...I'm not really very loud).
    Shilling the exact same thing happened to me!! We don't really have 'rahs' here so was kind of confused by the whole thing and it wasn't till I visited durham in march that I found out what a pashmina was-and yes, I have three!!! (one being pink !) So I'm thinking I might be leaving them at home, as I'm so not a rah!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SweetSugar)
    Shilling the exact same thing happened to me!! We don't really have 'rahs' here so was kind of confused by the whole thing and it wasn't till I visited durham in march that I found out what a pashmina was-and yes, I have three!!! (one being pink !) So I'm thinking I might be leaving them at home, as I'm so not a rah!
    I have lots of pashminas lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serendipity)
    I have lots of pashminas lol

*has no pashminas*

EDIT: I don't even know anyone with a pashmina.

ReputationRep:
    Why does it matter to you ? It's just as ridiculous as someone from a private school asking which college has the least poor people in it. I would point out to you that there's a difference between poshness and snobbery. There are quite a few very posh and very well off people at my college, but I have yet to encounter a single incidence of snobbery.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanielW3)
    Why does it matter to you ? It's just as ridiculous as someone from a private school asking which college has the least poor people in it. I would point out to you that there's a difference between poshness and snobbery. There are quite a few very posh and very well off people at my college, but I have yet to encounter a single incidence of snobbery.
    I agree. Whilst I'm state school, you get the impression people from state schools make an issue of it when public school people don't. Obviously there'll be some stuck up t*ssers, it's inevitable, but it's only an issue if you make it one.

Oh, and its fewest, not least. Been bugging me for a while that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanielW3)
    Oh, I agree....I wasn't being wholly serious ...*grin*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpollodiablouk)
    I agree. Whilst I'm state school, you get the impression people from state schools make an issue of it when public school people don't. Obviously there'll be some stuck up t*ssers, it's inevitable, but it's only an issue if you make it one.

Oh, and its fewest, not least. Been bugging me for a while that.
    Grammar Pedant alert! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mysticmin)
    Grammar Pedant alert! :eek:
    Hehe....El pollo is a "Grammar God" :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    tut. I forgot, of course he is, his grammar is most eggscellent did you have chocolate or vanilla in the end?

ReputationRep:
    So are a lot of people, if the thread about the test was anything to go by

ReputationRep:
    So are a lot of people, if the thread about the test was anything to go by
    Obviously UKL has a whole legion of gods a la ancient greece.

ReputationRep:
    Obviously UKL has a whole legion of gods a la ancient greece.
    Not half, I'm a true Adonis.
    *strikes manly pose*

ReputationRep:
    tut. I forgot, of course he is, his grammar is most eggscellent did you have chocolate or vanilla in the end?
    Chocolate...*grin*

ReputationRep:
    *strikes manly pose*
    <no comment> *tries hard to not splutter with laughter, would not be pretty as I'm eating chocolate as we type*.

ReputationRep:
    *strikes manly pose*
    It took me three goes to become a grammar god (...goddess even)

Perhaps I should not have applied to study English lit. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Chocolate...*grin*
    Good choice madam

ReputationRep:
    <no comment> *tries hard to not splutter with laughter, would not be pretty as I'm eating chocolate as we type*.
    Why are you laughing?

ReputationRep:
    It took me three goes to become a grammar god (...goddess even)

Perhaps I should not have applied to study English lit. :confused:
    Nah, I always thought it was analytical quality over grammar Besides, it's English lit, not english lang.

Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.