Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mysticmin)
    <no comment> *tries hard to not splutter with laughter, would not be pretty as I'm eating chocolate as we type*.
    Ah, a fellow chocolate conoisseur!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shilling)
    Ah, a fellow chocolate conoisseur!
    I'm not too picky about mon chocolat! The only type I dislike is coffee creme.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpollodiablouk)
    Why are you laughing?
    Someone said something funny

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mysticmin)
    I'm not too picky about mon chocolat! The only type I dislike is coffee creme.

I hate dark chocolate.

*dreams about nugat*

ReputationRep:
    I hate dark chocolate.

*dreams about nugat*
    Mmm, vienesse truffles, but they're only good from thorntons. And they cost me a few pretty pennies as well. Dark chocolate...wait for it...is supposed to help you keep slim.

ReputationRep:
    I hate dark chocolate.

*dreams about nugat*
    Yeah, it's milk or white all the way, although white gets sickly after a while.

Another thread hijacking brought to you by ElPolloDiabloUK Industries™

ReputationRep:
    Oh so that's why dark chocolate helps most people keep slim, they don't eat it! No wonder it never works for me, for me it's still chocolate

White chocolate has no cocoa, it's just a lot of hydrogenated vegetable fat

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanielW3)
    Why does it matter to you ? It's just as ridiculous as someone from a private school asking which college has the least poor people in it. I would point out to you that there's a difference between poshness and snobbery. There are quite a few very posh and very well off people at my college, but I have yet to encounter a single incidence of snobbery.
    very true. i go to a private school and there are very few posh ***** around, and the ones that are, are rejected. i hate it how people at state schools assume you are posh just because you go to a private school. its so untrue.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by endorf)
    very true. i go to a private school and there are very few posh ***** around, and the ones that are, are rejected. i hate it how people at state schools assume you are posh just because you go to a private school. its so untrue.
    *agrees* Tis the same at my school. The posh ***** think they're better than everyone else, while everyone else laughs at them

And Sarah! Do not doubt thy god-given powers of English Literacy! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serendipity)
    And Sarah! Do not doubt thy god-given powers of English Literacy! :eek:
    Hehe...I've been doubting them ever since I accepted my offer....watch them go "damn, we rejected 2000 talented people, and made her an offer? What the hell were we thinking?" But I don't plan to let it bother me - we'll have a ball.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpollodiablouk)

Another thread hijacking brought to you by ElPolloDiabloUK Industries™

Hehehe!

ReputationRep:

thankyou! how would people in state schools like it if other people turned round and accused them all of being uneducated scallies? its called stereotyping, its unneccessary, rude and untrue

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm....I go to a state school (there's an old peoples home in the middle of it!), but entry is selective....(you musn't clash with the purple uniform), and people assume that we're posh, but I'm fairly sure its simply jealousy of the super cool uniform.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lil-pink-stars)
    Hmmm....I go to a state school (there's an old peoples home in the middle of it!), but entry is selective....(you musn't clash with the purple uniform), and people assume that we're posh, but I'm fairly sure its simply jealousy of the super cool uniform.
    lol my school has purple (well, maroon) uniform too! Luckily in the sixth form we get to wear blue instead. My school is a grant-maintained grammer school, i *think* that counts as a state school.

ReputationRep:
    yeah well i have to wear a bloody suit, which kind of sucks but 7 years and im used to it. and to be honest i can understand why this may look posh and if i had my way i wudnt wear a uniform. but people gotta understand that we are just normal people that go to posh schools and i dont like some of the stuff we have to do like wear a suit everyday and finish school at 4.00 but you get used to it and i like a lot of things about the school.... im gonna miss it when im gone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kenkennykenken)
    lol my school has purple (well, maroon) uniform too! Luckily in the sixth form we get to wear blue instead. My school is a grant-maintained grammer school, i *think* that counts as a state school.
    Ah yes, that's what my school professes to be also! Although I myself really can't see much evidence of this maintaining grant....in my form room there's a large hole in the skirting which was my rubbish bin! Also the entire 200 strong 6th form are crammed into one Victorian house....not impressed. However we can wear our own clothes....at least it wasn't a change from purple to yellow.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by presebjenada)
    thankyou! how would people in state schools like it if other people turned round and accused them all of being uneducated scallies? its called stereotyping, its unneccessary, rude and untrue
    cudnt of put it better myself, its just like judging a book by its cover. i have to admit my school is posh, but the people in it are not (cept some of the teachers and headmaster). its just a stereotype that people have, and altho it may have been true in the past, its not anymore (definately not at my school anyway).

ReputationRep:
    i dont like some of the stuff we have to do like wear a suit everyday and finish school at 4.00 but you get used to it and i like a lot of things about the school.... im gonna miss it when im gone.
    Oooh me too! The hovel that is The Common Room is now a hallowed place, and much to our disgust soon to be taken over by the Year 12s! (I have nothing against Year 12s per se, but they will never love The Common Room as we did....*sigh*). And we also finish school at 4pm, and sometimes 5pm if we have to stay for useless tutorials!

ReputationRep:
    Oooh me too! The hovel that is The Common Room is now a hallowed place, and much to our disgust soon to be taken over by the Year 12s! (I have nothing against Year 12s per se, but they will never love The Common Room as we did....*sigh*). And we also finish school at 4pm, and sometimes 5pm if we have to stay for useless tutorials!
    same as me, obviously every year has the yr 12/13 rivalry thing and it sucks having to give your pad up to them. btw you have a posh name !! i feel kind of bad now all the stuff we did on the last day, and i know im gonna miss school when it finally kicks in that im never going back. its impossible to spend 7 years of your life somewhere and not take away memories. i know uni is gonna be party central but i cant help feeling there are times iv had at school that can never be matched.

also its hard to think that some of the people iv spent years of my life with i will never see again. a sobering thought.

ReputationRep:
    same as me, obviously every year has the yr 12/13 rivalry thing and it sucks having to give your pad up to them. btw you have a posh name !! i feel kind of bad now all the stuff we did on the last day, and i know im gonna miss school when it finally kicks in that im never going back. its impossible to spend 7 years of your life somewhere and not take away memories. i know uni is gonna be party central but i cant help feeling there are times iv had at school that can never be matched.

also its hard to think that some of the people iv spent years of my life with i will never see again. a sobering thought.
    Ah but....us inventive sort from St.Michaels have got our own group website, which gets about 10 posts a day, which I set up so we (The Common Room Croo!) could all keep in touch and it has worked a treat! *smug* And also my name is not that posh as I don't have a double barreled surname (apologies to anyone who does ) and besides I'm sure whatever follows on from 'Andy' is equally posh and hence the reason you chose not to display it .

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.