The Student Room Group

Anyone been to these universities

I'm looking to do Economics at:
Aberdeen
Coventry
Loughborough
Kent

If any of you have been to any of those then can you say what one of these universities are like?
Looked at Loughborough for a different course. What kind of things do you want to know about it (really should be visiting it)?
Reply 2
Original post by Vikingninja
Looked at Loughborough for a different course. What kind of things do you want to know about it (really should be visiting it)?

The student view, the teacher's view is never the same as the student's. ever. I will be visiting- I'm creating a shortlist right now
Reply 3
Original post by JohnGreek
Friend of mine had a brother who graduated from Law at Kent a couple of years ago. He loved his flatmates and his friendship group, hated pretty much everything else, including the apparently nonexistent reputation of the university (he got rejected by his London choices) :3

Thank you!
Reply 4
Coventry is a bit of a ****hole, but I've heard from friends they're very supportive at the university. Having said that it's the worst university on that list too so I wouldn't make it a priority if you get offers from the others.

Source; I'm at Warwick and have live in Coventry.
Original post by SideShowWill
The student view, the teacher's view is never the same as the student's. ever. I will be visiting- I'm creating a shortlist right now

What specific things do you want to know, also remember I just looked at it so I might view it differently to you.
Reply 6
Original post by Vikingninja
What specific things do you want to know, also remember I just looked at it so I might view it differently to you.

What the people are generally like, the area(whether it's more youth-like or not), the quality of the teaching, feedback etc.
Reply 7
Original post by Sae.HH
Coventry is a bit of a ****hole, but I've heard from friends they're very supportive at the university. Having said that it's the worst university on that list too so I wouldn't make it a priority if you get offers from the others.

Source; I'm at Warwick and have live in Coventry.

It's unlikely I will apply when I look at the other options, but the location is better than Aberdeen's(I live in the South East) so it does make it more difficult to decide. Is it easy to get a part-time job in Coventry?
Reply 8
Just go to the most prestigious one. That's all that matters in life.
Reply 9
Original post by SideShowWill
It's unlikely I will apply when I look at the other options, but the location is better than Aberdeen's(I live in the South East) so it does make it more difficult to decide. Is it easy to get a part-time job in Coventry?

Well it's a fairly large city as your average city goes, so I imagine it wouldn't be too difficult.
Original post by Alaska+
Just go to the most prestigious one. That's all that matters in life.

I want a backup plan if I don't get into Kent
Original post by Sae.HH
Well it's a fairly large city as your average city goes, so I imagine it wouldn't be too difficult.

Thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest