Changing a levels in December Watch

Picola123
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
My a levels are as follows ... French, English lit, psychology and pre u in global perspectives. However I have thought recently that my psychology a level may hinder me in terms of Oxbridge/ higher unis, as it isn't necessarily a 'traditinal' subject.
I've recently thought about changing psychology to history to better my chances, but don't know as it's actually worth the work of catching up and possibly damaging my grades in other subjects.
By the way, I want to study modern languages.
And if his helps, my gces were pretty dire ( aaaabbbbcc)
Thanks!
tcameron
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
You are technically half way though your AS. Changing it now would be very foolish.
Psychology isn't seen as a doss subject and you doing english lit and french which are traditional subjects shouldn't hinder your chances at all.
Picola123
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Thanks for the advice... I think I will probably stick with psychology . I'm still anxious about the standards held by Oxbridge and the like but again, it feels like a large risk to take 😕
(Original post by tcameron)
You are technically half way though your AS. Changing it now would be very foolish.
Psychology isn't seen as a doss subject and you doing english lit and french which are traditional subjects shouldn't hinder your chances at all.
tcameron
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Picola123)
Thanks for the advice... I think I will probably stick with psychology . I'm still anxious about the standards held by Oxbridge and the like but again, it feels like a large risk to take 😕
I honestly don't think your subjects matter that greatly. A girl in my college recently had an interview at Oxford for English. Her subjects are English literature, art and psychology. This didn't hinder her chances of an interview despite art and psychology not seen as vigorous subjects
robinfr
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
would your sixth form/ college even let you change?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 31 Aug '19

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (190)
12.74%
Excited (123)
8.25%
Worried (279)
18.71%
Terrified (343)
23%
Meh (124)
8.32%
Confused (35)
2.35%