The Student Room Group

Certificate of Higher Education

I am hoping for some advice from someone who has been in a similar situation. I have been awarded a cert he from study last year (stand alone course from a good red brick uni) and I'm hoping it will grant me entry to uni for a three year degree (I don't need funding advice as I self funded this course). Has anyone been in this position? It's same level and equivalent of a HNC also, awarded at level 4.
I used my qualification from the OU and I am studying at a brick built university three year course. All my offers were unconditional last year, apart from one where I needed to pass two tests. You should have no problems using your qualification.
Pretty much every university will accept a CertHE, although obviously your certificate needs to be in a relevant subject to the degree you want to do. A CertHE in History for example probably won't get you onto a Physics degree.

You say you don't need funding advice, but your student loan entitlement will still be affected even though you self-funded the CertHE. Are you planning to self-fund your whole degree?
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending