sophkj
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
so i got given a set of essay questions to look at for my exam in january and i have chosen the essay question on working memory so i just need to write up the essay and learn it for the exam. however, im not quite sure if i understand the question correctly so i would like a second opinion. 'Baddeley and Hitch’s (1974) Working Memory Model is one of the most influential models of working memory. Describe the components of this original version of the model and discuss how evidence from different experiments has contributed to its development.'. i understand the first bit but for my discussion would i talk about research that influenced baddley to develop the working memory or would i talk about research that supports their idea? or both? im swaying more to the influence of research but i would love a second opinion!
charlie2466
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
i did the WMM last year for psychology yepp i also think it means talking about the influencing research.
sophkj
Rep:
?
(Original post by charlieecooperr)
i did the WMM last year for psychology yepp i also think it means talking about the influencing research.
just to clarify, the research that influenced him to develop it e.g patients with brain injuries which contradicted atkinson and shiffrin OR research that lead to further development of the WMM, so episodic buffer, phonological store/articulatory loop?
charlie2466
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by sophkj)
just to clarify, the research that influenced him to develop it e.g patients with brain injuries which contradicted atkinson and shiffrin OR research that lead to further development of the WMM, so episodic buffer, phonological store/articulatory loop?
I'd think it would be the research that influenced him to develop it such as brain injury patients (like Clive wearing)
sophkj
Rep:
?
(Original post by charlieecooperr)
I'd think it would be the research that influenced him to develop it such as brain injury patients (like Clive wearing)
okay thank you so much!!!!!
charlie2466
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by sophkj)
okay thank you so much!!!!!
No problem x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

University open days

• University of Stirling
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 26 Sep '19
  • Heriot-Watt University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Scottish Borders Campus Undergraduate
    Fri, 27 Sep '19
  • Royal Holloway, University of London
    Undergraduate open day Undergraduate
    Sat, 28 Sep '19

It is really important for me to be involved in helping make my university better

Strongly disagree (15)
9.8%
Disagree (10)
6.54%
Neither agree or disagree (50)
32.68%
Agree (58)
37.91%
Strongly Agree (20)
13.07%

Watched Threads