ae3164
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I'm studying... Advanced Higher English, Higher History, Higher Modern Studies, Higher Religious, Moral and Philosophical Studies

I'm interested in... Law

My study level is... Scottish Highers
Hamoody
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by ae3164)
I'm studying... Advanced Higher English, Higher History, Higher Modern Studies, Higher Religious, Moral and Philosophical Studies

I'm interested in... Law

Hello there, welcome to TSR. Hope you find this website helpful.Just a few quick suggestions; there are tabs on the main homepage that may contain useful resources for you, do check them out. There are always discussions going on in forums, make sure you participate in the ones that interest you. That way you will get to be known by others and you'll start building up your reputation. At first you might feel lost in this huge world, but as you keep using this website, you'll gradually get comfortable. Good luck...
Cheesy K
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hello, I too am looking to study law at Edinburgh, starting in 2018. Your Higher results are similar to mine ( that I received today). Can you offer any advice to me please? I would be very grateful!
luq_ali
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Peace and blessings and welcome to the site. Your interest in law will be VERY well served, by extensive interests in the highest levels of English, History, Modern Studies, Religious, Moral and Philosophical Studies.

The best lawyers(solicitors, barristers, etc.), in the English language context(and this is true of any language) are the ones best skilled in the use of language, the ability to now the right words for persuasion, to advance an argument. The law does not exist in a vacuum,but exists in the context of the historical situations driving the law-the facts of history and how they aided(or detracted) from the development of the law. What were the drafters of the law, rule or procedure, contemplating when they wrote it, what was the legislative intent? And your interest in the moral under pinning of the law, the ethics, is very much needed. We need more advocates who are concerned about the moral, religious and spiritual contexts of their work, as opposed to those who have a win and at all cost mindset with no moral compass. May you be blessed to be a point of light and a difference maker in the law, for the good.

(Original post by ae3164)

I'm interested in... Law

X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (431)
58.64%
Yes- I don't like it (40)
5.44%
No- I want it (214)
29.12%
No- I don't want it (50)
6.8%

Watched Threads