Legally related jobs (non lawyer) in Asia?

Watch this thread
Lucika
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I am a first year mature student on the LLB. Due to my partner's work and the languages we both speak, we are planning to move to Asia (most likely Japan or Korea) as soon as possible after my graduation.
I have discussed working as a lawyer in Asia on another thread but am considering different options if they are more viable.
So can anyone tell me anything about legal RELATED work in Asia? Something where I can use my LLB and be involved in a legal environment? Legal sectretary/admin roles in international firms based out there, work in legal organisations, office work for the British Embassy? I would really like to know what the legally related options are.
Thanks!
Assan
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 years ago
Analyst for renewable energy investments
glass14
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
apply for internships/vac schemes at international law firms with offices in Asia (i did). Then build on it and apply for firms that offer TCs/other positions there like BLP Law who'll offer TCs in Asia for UK LLB'ers (though mostly in HK office, not sure about Korea/Japan). Better to brush up on your Chinese language skills nevertheless (even if it's a Korean/Japanese law firm as they'll have an ever-expanding roster of Chinese clients and would want a duel fluent Chinese/English candidate).

source: own exp and friends who've worked abroad at Japanese law firms
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (18)
21.18%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (11)
12.94%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (5)
5.88%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (15)
17.65%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (17)
20%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (19)
22.35%

Watched Threads