OCR Syllabus B synoptic (paper no 6) Watch

This discussion is closed.
avalondep
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
anyone taking this? it's meant to be about neutrinos.
anyone got any idea as to what topics they reckon will come up?

so far, i can only think of particle physics. I don't know how its going to be synoptic when all that seems to be in the reading is stuff about beta decay, neutrinos... and that's about it.

i can't really imagine stuff like electric and magnetic fields coming into it when neutrinos are meant to be neutral particles unaffected by that sort of stuff.
i can't really imagine other topics from AS, like lenses and signalling being particularly relevant.

what are your thoughts?
fred86
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
eurgh god yeh i'm doing that - have a sheet of poss questions that cou7ld come up will scan and send u sometime if u let me know your addy!
peebs
Report 14 years ago
towrads the end of the release it says about how the neutrinos can follow any path, so ireckon they could pop out with some quantum phys.
avalondep
Rep:
?
i'm bumping this, cos I wonder if anyone's come up with anything on the course of their revision....?

come on people. i swear there must be some people in here taking this exam!
fred86
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
yeh i want someone tpo go through that sheet of questions that's been previously posted :-p
avalondep
Rep:
?
i can't think of anything that would come up apart from particle physics stuff, and this is meant to be a synoptic paper!
argh! help!
how could any of the stuff we've learnt be relevent?
i swear half of this is just made up on the spot.
stupid ocr
chud
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Apparently;

Chapters 11-14 and 17&18 are the best one to revise for this paper

E.g. mainly clockwork universe and FFP.

Good luck!
Indelible
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by fred86)
eurgh god yeh i'm doing that - have a sheet of poss questions that cou7ld come up will scan and send u sometime if u let me know your addy!
Hey Fred is there any chance you could send it too me or post it up? Im stressing so much about 2morrows exam, I really dont have a clue what to expect from it!!
Thanks SO much in advance!
My email is [email protected] in case you want to email it
amo1
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Im doing this this year so if any1 has any advice or gd websitesa that would be great
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Aston University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (879)
79.84%
Leave (222)
20.16%

Watched Threads