evans231
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi everyone, I'm an Italian student who studies psychology at the University of Padua in Italy , and if all goes well I will graduate next year in my three-year degree (in the UK corresponds to a bachelor ) . I'm planning to continue my education in the UK and applying to a Master degree , but after several researches conducted on the web I decided to ask students of this forum who actually live in UK if they can give me more concrete informations about the most recommended universities for the postgraduate taught courses. Thanks everyone for the answers!
iammichealjackson
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by evans231)
Hi everyone, I'm an Italian student who studies psychology at the University of Padua in Italy , and if all goes well I will graduate next year in my three-year degree (in the UK corresponds to a bachelor ) . I'm planning to continue my education in the UK and applying to a Master degree , but after several researches conducted on the web I decided to ask students of this forum who actually live in UK if they can give me more concrete informations about the most recommended universities for the postgraduate taught courses. Thanks everyone for the answers!
Well it depends what kind of course you want to do and what your end goal is? In addition to become a professional psychologist (e.g. a clinical/educational/neuro) then you need a undergraduate degree that is accredited by the BPS - i'm not sure how/if there is any way to get accreditation as an overseas student.
evans231
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by iammichealjackson)
Well it depends what kind of course you want to do and what your end goal is? In addition to become a professional psychologist (e.g. a clinical/educational/neuro) then you need a undergraduate degree that is accredited by the BPS - i'm not sure how/if there is any way to get accreditation as an overseas student.
I've read in many official web pages (kings,ucl,warwick and many more) that a 2:1 corresponds to a minum of 106/110 of the italian degree and I'm pretty sure that it's possible to convert the courses with the BPS (many italian students have applied in this way)I'd like to pursue the clinical psychologist career, I'm aware that is a competitive and difficult path, therefore I'm looking for a Msc which is linked to the main clinical psychology aspects..Warwick and Swansea offer two interesting programs ("Clinical application of psychology" and Abnormal and Clinical Psychology"..Does anyone has any suggestions? Are there other programs I should consider?
iammichealjackson
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by evans231)
I've read in many official web pages (kings,ucl,warwick and many more) that a 2:1 corresponds to a minum of 106/110 of the italian degree and I'm pretty sure that it's possible to convert the courses with the BPS (many italian students have applied in this way)I'd like to pursue the clinical psychologist career, I'm aware that is a competitive and difficult path, therefore I'm looking for a Msc which is linked to the main clinical psychology aspects..Warwick and Swansea offer two interesting programs ("Clinical application of psychology" and Abnormal and Clinical Psychology"..Does anyone has any suggestions? Are there other programs I should consider?
Its one thing to get onto a masters course which is really easy anyway (theres very little competition for most masters courses compared to undergraduate courses); however to become a professional psychologist the degree needs to be accredited by the BPS which won't be the case for italian degrees- however according to the site they now accredit non-UK degrees on an individual basis. http://www.bps.org.uk/what-we-do/mem...ember-cpsychol I actually have no advice though in terms of clinical psychology, good luck though :P
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Surrey
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (64)
23.53%
No (208)
76.47%

Watched Threads