The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

Is this university any good?

Thinking about doing Economics at East Anglia university, can you please say what the uni and area is like, whether you enjoyed/are enjoying your time there and how easy it is to get a part time job.
Reply 1
Currently third year ECO at UEA. Great module choice, great lecturers and it really has made me quite fond of economics which I never thought I'd say! 100% would recommend.
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by RJD94
Currently third year ECO at UEA. Great module choice, great lecturers and it really has made me quite fond of economics which I never thought I'd say! 100% would recommend.

Were you able to get a part time job? I heard that the Campus shop is expensive so are there any half decent supermarkets such as Sainsbury's that are in Norwich?
Original post by Will98765
Were you able to get a part time job? I heard that the Campus shop is expensive so are there any half decent supermarkets such as Sainsbury's that are in Norwich?

Norwich has branches of all the major supermarkets- there are two reasonable sized Co-ops, one a short walk from campus, one a bus ride away, a Morrisons & Sainsburys in town. Tesco & Asda stores aren't on bus routes as far as I'm aware, but they (along with Sainsburys & Waitrose) all deliver to campus.
Reply 4

Personally I get my shopping delivered to right outside my flat
The university is alright. The lectures are all very knowledgeable in their particular subject area from what I can see. Personally, I like the set up of the campus, it is very expansive.

It is a massive hassle to get there though. For example, I am going back next weekend and I have to take a bus south from Essex and then go back on myself from London.
(edited 8 years ago)

The campus shop is very, very expensive. I don't like going in there but sometimes I have no choice.

I usually get my food delivered by Sainsbury's. It is not the cheapest but they have great service.
(edited 8 years ago)
Campus shop isn't expensive in comparison to any other Coop in the area. It's not like they inflate the prices. It's great for hot food at lunchtime or after lectures, just like the campus food outlets (Blend, Campus Kitchen, etc). Students tend to compare it to Morrisons or Tesco or Asda - of course it's not going to be those prices. Just hop on a 25 or 26 bus and you'll be in the city for Sainsburys or Tesco to do a decent shop. There are stores in the Golden Triangle closer by too. By the train station is a really big Morrisons - where a lot of people go. As others mentioned you can get food deliveries to your door from the main supermarkets, and there's takeaway options too.

I see no issues with transport links, the East Midlands Train provides good links to the North. Greater Anglia run half-hourly trains to London and the South East. The buses run every ten minutes on campus, and there's Megabuses and National Express coaches there too.

Would encourage you to go for it. Part time jobs are easy to come by when you start in September as you near the Christmas rush. Stores will be advertising - even if it's on a short term basis.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending