The Student Room Group

do i need to put my as results on ucas if im retaking them?

After reading online it looks like I need to put down my AS results even if im retaking them when I do my a2 exams. However my school says that if u are retaking then you shouldnt put your as grades but instead leave them as pending because they arent complete yet. Which means the only thing that goes through to the admissions tutors are my predicted grades.

Surely that cant be right?

Wouldnt the admissions want to see my AS grades? how can they give an offer based only on predicted grades
(edited 8 years ago)
You need to declare ALL your grades, which means AS grades included.
Don't make the mistake of leaving them out!
Reply 2
Original post by DrinkAndDerive
After reading online it looks like I need to put down my AS results even if im retaking them when I do my a2 exams. However my school says that if u are retaking then you shouldnt put your as grades but instead leave them as pending because they arent complete yet. Which means the only thing that goes through to the admissions tutors are my predicted grades.

You have to declare your grades

In the AS section you put down the module grades you have atm

In the A2 section, for each subject you have to put all modules, both AS and A2 down, and you leave the A2 units and any AS units that you're resitting as "pending"
Original post by harmony_x
You need to declare ALL your grades, which means AS grades included.
Don't make the mistake of leaving them out!

I tried explaining this to my teacher, people that have sent their application off have already recieved offers and I dont think they put down all of their as results. Im really confused, how can i explain to my teacher that I want to include mine, he is not having any of it.
Original post by DrinkAndDerive

Wouldnt the admissions want to see my AS grades? how can they give an offer based only on predicted grades

Your school might not have "cashed in" your AS-levels, in which case, school is correct in saying that it is not appropriate to declare grades, and that you should instead leave them as pending. However, there are now very few schools who do not cash in the AS-levels at the end of lower sixth - for precisely the reason that you said - universities may prefer to see how your predictions compare to your results you achieved in August. Cashed-in AS levels will have an overall grade result and a certificate is sent to the school, usually in November. These AS-level results have to be declared.

On the other hand, universities are going to have to get used to not seeing AS results - those who started lower sixth in September 2015 will be taking full A-levels examined only in June 2017. They have the option to take stand-alone AS-levels in June 2016, during their full A-level studies, but some schools are suggesting that this would simply be a distraction.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending