The Student Room Group
New College of the Humanities
Northeastern University London
Visit website

New College of the Humanities Law Applicants 2016

Just received an interview invitation for Senior Status Law LLB at New College of the Humanities. Has anyone gone through the interview process yet, or is anyone currently studying law at NCH and could give some insight into their experience so far in the degree? Thanks so much!
Reply 1
Hi Leigh, I'm in my second year studying Law at NCH. I've been through the interview process and survived! NCH is quite different to other uni's because of its small size, weekly tutorial system and contact time with tutors - but that's exactly why I chose it over the LLB at UCL, Kings and LSE. I wanted to be challenged and not just coast through my degree hiding at the back of a big lecture hall. Were there any specific questions you had?
New College of the Humanities
Northeastern University London
Visit website
Original post by sofia.s
Hi Leigh, I'm in my second year studying Law at NCH. I've been through the interview process and survived! NCH is quite different to other uni's because of its small size, weekly tutorial system and contact time with tutors - but that's exactly why I chose it over the LLB at UCL, Kings and LSE. I wanted to be challenged and not just coast through my degree hiding at the back of a big lecture hall. Were there any specific questions you had?

I am considering for NCH for LLB but, as much as its teaching system is seen very attractive, was wondering what is the success rate in terms of percentage for its Law students securing TCs or Vac schemes with the law firm? The other serious option I am considering is LSE, but with the option of securing £18,000 a year scholarship, choosing NCH over LSE doesn't seem a bad idea after all, not least small focused group with personal attention of the academics on your progress.

Thanks.
(edited 8 years ago)
I am considering for NCH for LLB but, as much as its teaching system is seen very attractive, was wondering what is the success rate in terms of percentage for its Law students securing TCs or Vac schemes with the law firm? The other serious option I am considering is LSE, but with the option of securing £18,000 a year scholarship, choosing NCH over LSE doesn't seem a bad idea after all, not least due to the system of small focused group with the personal attention of the academics on your progress.

Thanks.
I was thinking about this school. What do they ask you during the interview? As for the essay, what essay do they ask for?
Original post by MartaK
Hi everyone! My name is Marta and I am currently a Politics and IR with Philosophy minor student at New College of the Humanities! Please feel free to post any questions you have about studying at NCH, student life in London, our 1:1 tutorial system, our liberal arts curriculum etc. and I'll reply as soon as I can. We still have places available for September 2016 on all of our liberal arts-inspired, combined honours degree programs and any Clearing students wishing to apply can speak to a member of our Admissions Team by calling +44 0207 637 4550. Every student who applies is automatically considered for an academic scholarship worth up to £2,000 per year.

I am not sure if I would qualify as being a mature student (30+ yrs age) I'm a drop out of Access to HE due to health problems and treatment (from which I've now more or less recovered with successful treatment).
I would love to apply but even after £2000 deductions, the remaining £16000 is just not affordable for me. Also due to personal circumstances I don't qualify for student loan despite being British citizen.

Sadly that is my case.
(edited 7 years ago)
Hi UKStudent2016,
Fees for UK/EU/EEA students are £12,000 per year alongside the possibility of Academic Scholarships of up to £2,000. There are also limited means-tested bursaries covering up to £6, 000 available. Please call our Admissions Helpline and they will be happy to discuss your case with you +44 0330 100 4611.
Hi everyone! My name is Marta and I am currently a student at New College of the Humanities! Please feel free to post any questions you have about studying at NCH, student life in London, our 1:1 tutorial system, our liberal arts curriculum etc. and I'll reply as soon as I can. We still have places available for September 2016 on all of our liberal arts-inspired, combined honours degree programs and any Clearing students wishing to apply can speak to a member of our Admissions Team by calling +44 0207 637 4550. Every student who applies is automatically considered for an academic scholarship worth up to £2,000 per year.
Reply 8
Hello everyone! I'm Jason and I'm going to study to the NCH Law School from September 2017! I feel a bit anxious about that since I am coming from Greece!...I would like to ask you all which is the closest student accomodation to the University or the most popular for students of our School. How is life there? What about the studies? Do you think they are very hard? THank you very much in advance! I'm looking forward to meeting you!
Original post by nelia0307
Hello everyone! I'm Jason and I'm going to study to the NCH Law School from September 2017! I feel a bit anxious about that since I am coming from Greece!...I would like to ask you all which is the closest student accomodation to the University or the most popular for students of our School. How is life there? What about the studies? Do you think they are very hard? THank you very much in advance! I'm looking forward to meeting you!

Hi Jason,

Looking forward to welcoming you to NCH. You can find all the information you need about student accommodation here: https://www.nchlondon.ac.uk/accommodation/ug-student-options/

If you'd like to chat with a student ambassador about life at NCH, you can do so here - Rebecca studies Law and will be happy to answer your questions https://www.nchlondon.ac.uk/ambassadors/

See you in September!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending