The Student Room Group

HELP

what is a level psychology like?
Original post by FutureMidwife7

according to me, its beautiful <3

apart from the studies/theories you have to learn off by heart, but its actually amazing.
and some of it develops on GCSE psychology (if you have done it)
Our school does not do psychology at gcse

thats fine, not all schools do, but if your interested in psychopaths, abnormal behaviours and brain then you'll enjoy it
I enjoy learning about people and I am good at sociology and written work. I am hoping to become a midwife.
for my A levels I am hoping to take:
English literature
Psychology
Religious Studies
I enjoy learning about people and I am good at sociology and written work. I am hoping to become a midwife.
for my A levels I am hoping to take:
English literature
Psychology
Religious Studies

perfect!! and if at any time, you feel under pressure, you can always drop out, but you'll be fine with written work so you dont have to worry too much:smile:
as for me. my timing sucks so i need to focus on that, but those subjects are good- honestly.
What A level subjects did u take?
What A level subjects did u take?

im doing biology, psychology and maths. but i want to do Law or Neurology at uni
that's good:h:
that's good:h:

thanks! but im hoping I do well this year, i don't want to fail like i did in GCSE - twice (my GCSE'S we're done for 3 years)
so my aims are A*A*A or AAB

im just so nervous!
so you was doing gscse's for 6 yearas
so you was doing gscse's for 6 yearas

no, for the first 2 years of high school, it was all preparation for GCSE. By year 9, i started my first 2 GCSE'S (not knowing what GCSE'S were, i didnt pay attention in lessons and didnt care about my grades). By year 10, after failing geography in year 9, i decided to take history (to make up for my failed subject) and failed that too:/ - stupid decision, and my last year was yr 11, i finished pretty well but not as what i hoped for.
oh okay so you started your gcse early
oh okay so you started your gcse early

yup

If you're good at Sociology - why don't you study Sociology at A-level?

Psychology isn't easy, there's a lot of theory and factual information to remember as well as research methods which includes some maths. If you're not confident with abstract theory it may be difficult to grasp at times.
Exam wise, if you chose to do the whole A-Level you'll have to remember 2y worth of information for the exam where any unit could crop up. (similar to GCSE).

Your school/college should offer taster lessons for the subject. I wouldn't advise you to choose it for a "doss" or an "easy" A-Level. (I'm a Psychology Teacher)
As a tutor of both Sociology and Psychology, I'd advise choosing Sociology over Psychology for Midwifery. HOWEVER: have you considered that most universities prefer A level Biology or Human Biology for nursing courses? As a midwife you will be learning about the bodies of the mums and the babies. Check out the course requirements of some universities as some will accept Psychology instead of Biology.
Best of luck.

its really good just the case studies are horrible

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending