The Student Room Group

A level cash ins???

I am a new a level student, doing online courses with 2 new spec courses and one old. I'm applying for external candidacy and on the form it mentions something about cash ins.

As I said before I'm doing one old spec course so I'm doing the AS in Summer 2016 and the A2 in 2017. What are cash ins and do I need to apply for it?
Reply 1
Original post by Kiitten
I am a new a level student, doing online courses with 2 new spec courses and one old. I'm applying for external candidacy and on the form it mentions something about cash ins.

As I said before I'm doing one old spec course so I'm doing the AS in Summer 2016 and the A2 in 2017. What are cash ins and do I need to apply for it?

If you want an overall grade for the AS level and/or the A level then you have to cash-in, otherwise you will get the unit marks but no overall grade and no certificate. It's just an admin process (for which the exam boards don't charge if you do it with the entries).

If you're taking new spec then, as it's not modular, the idea of the cash-in disappears - if you enter then you automatically enter for everything including the cash-in.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Compost
If you want an overall grade for the AS level and/or the A level then you have to cash-in, otherwise you will get the unit marks but no overall grade and no certificate. It's just an admin process (for which the exam boards don't charge if you do it with the entries).

If you're taking new spec then, as it's not modular, the idea o fthe cash-in disappears - if you enter then you automatically enter for everything including the cash-in.

In short, I should 'cash in' on the old spec a level?
Reply 3
Original post by Kiitten
In short, I should 'cash in' on the old spec a level?

If you need it for a place at university of other course then you will have to. Otherwise, if you're reasonably confident of not getting a grade you want to hide, then yes. If you are prepared to pay a bit to make the choice after you see your results, then not yet.

Quick Reply

Latest