Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know of any fictional literature (novels, short stories, poems etc) about euthanasia? Or any with references to euthanasia - I only need to take extracts.

Factual information is pretty easy to come by but if anyone has any particularly good resources I'd be grateful for them too.

This is for me to use in the design of a synoptic exam paper for English Lang/Lit A2 by the way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RDoh)
    Does anyone know of any fictional literature (novels, short stories, poems etc) about euthanasia? Or any with references to euthanasia - I only need to take extracts.

Factual information is pretty easy to come by but if anyone has any particularly good resources I'd be grateful for them too.

This is for me to use in the design of a synoptic exam paper for English Lang/Lit A2 by the way.
    Well, it isn't exactly euthanasia, but George shoots Lenny at the end of "Of Mice and Men". Lenny is a disabled man who accidentally kills Curly's wife. George knows that when he is caught by Curly, Lenny will face almost certain death, and decides to end his suffering quickly rather than let him suffer at the hands of Curly. Lenny does not know George will kill him, but would be incapable of making any decision about his life and whether or not it should be ended as he does not understand fully what he has done wrong. That's the only sort-of reference I can think of.

ReputationRep:
    In Aldous Huxley's brave new world, i believe there is a case of either euthanasia or assisted suicide... Something like that. Though I apologise for the tentative and possibly irrelevant reference

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.