Jacob_Gregory
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi, just looking at the new syllabus for OCR computer science, wondering whether people are choosing to take the AS and the A2 or just the A2? What are the pros and cons for each? Why are you choosing the route you're going for?Thanks Jacob
username1799249
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Don't make your choices based on what other people are doing. Make your choices based on what YOU want to do. What do you want to achieve? What you need to do in order to achieve that? Everyone else will get by just fine. Don't worry about them. Worry about you instead!

Good luck!
username2298253
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Really depends on your other subjects, what you want to do at university, what you want your career path to me, how you perform in computing and your other subjects, your current workload, etc....

Can't answer a question like this.
Jacob_Gregory
Rep:
?
(Original post by ByEeek)
Don't make your choices based on what other people are doing. Make your choices based on what YOU want to do. What do you want to achieve? What you need to do in order to achieve that? Everyone else will get by just fine. Don't worry about them. Worry about you instead!

Good luck!
Yeah, I'm just looking at the pros and cons and also the general census, I achieved an A at GCSE and am looking to be getting grades that are similar at A level.
Jacob_Gregory
Rep:
?
(Original post by Skeptyle)
Really depends on your other subjects, what you want to do at university, what you want your career path to me, how you perform in computing and your other subjects, your current workload, etc....

Can't answer a question like this.
Okay so, I'm doing a level 3 BTEC diploma in Engineering at Silverstone UTC as well as Physics (OCR A), I'm not really understanding Physics so I'm looking at taking the AS and dropping that and achieving well in computer science and Engineering, but really I'm looking at what other people are doing...
username2298253
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Jacob_Gregory)
Okay so, I'm doing a level 3 BTEC diploma in Engineering at Silverstone UTC as well as Physics (OCR A), I'm not really understanding Physics so I'm looking at taking the AS and dropping that and achieving well in computer science and Engineering, but really I'm looking at what other people are doing...
Wouldn't recommend mixing - stick with BTEC.
Jacob_Gregory
Rep:
?
(Original post by Skeptyle)
Wouldn't recommend mixing - stick with BTEC.
I'm taking the BTEC and the AS in physics then dropping physics, so I'm definitely taking computing it's either going to be the AS and the A2 or just the A2 that's why I'm asking what other people are doing and getting the pros and cons of what each option has.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you prefer to get careers advice?

I like to speak to my friends and family (15)
12.82%
I like to do my own research online using careers specific websites (73)
62.39%
I like speaking to the careers advisors at school, college or uni (14)
11.97%
I prefer to listen watch videos or listen to podcasts of people in my chosen career (12)
10.26%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (3)
2.56%

Watched Threads