Combined pill yasmin breakthrough bleeding Watch

perrobarrioajeno
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi,

So i took 3 packs of the pill back to back, i came on my period/breakthrough bleeding half way through the third back, it seemed like a full on period but I continued taking the pill because I wanted to be protected for sex i have had the week before.

My pill pack finishes in a few days and Im wondering whether I should get my period again on the gap between this pack and the next one (not taking it back to back again)? Or because I technically had a period during the pill will I not have another one on the break?

Thanks
randdom
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by perrobarrioajeno)
Hi,

So i took 3 packs of the pill back to back, i came on my period/breakthrough bleeding half way through the third back, it seemed like a full on period but I continued taking the pill because I wanted to be protected for sex i have had the week before.

My pill pack finishes in a few days and Im wondering whether I should get my period again on the gap between this pack and the next one (not taking it back to back again)? Or because I technically had a period during the pill will I not have another one on the break?

Thanks
Breakthrough bleeding can happen when you back to back your pill packets. I think that the sensible thing for you to do would be to take your appropriate break. You may well have a bit of a bleed but you might find that it isn't as heavy as your period normally would be. Then start taking your pill again and you should hopefully be free of any further break through bleeding
doodle_333
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
you'll still have a bleed on your break week and as you've run 3 packs together you may even be heavier than normal (I tend to be heavier the longer I leave it)... if you're running packs together you can stop half way through the pack and still be protected, as long as you have a minimum of 21 days taking the pill and a maximum of 7 days off it you'll be protected, when I run packs together I stop for a break week if I get break through bleeding
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (127)
17.84%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (72)
10.11%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (123)
17.28%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (103)
14.47%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (70)
9.83%
How can I be the best version of myself? (217)
30.48%

Watched Threads