The Student Room Group

TSR members: Then and Now

So there are a lot members who have been on this site for a long while and some who just joined this year (and are already quite popular)...
And I've noticed a bit a tension between the two groups...

My question is... Older Tsr members, what do you think of this new crop of Tsr users? Are they all just incredibly annoying teenagers who are lowering the quality of this forum ? Are there any new members that you like?

And

Newer Tsr members, what do you think of the older Tsrians? Are they mostly boring 25+ year olds that really need to stop posting on student forums?

Scroll to see replies

I hate them all.
Reply 2
I'm relatively new on here and I like the old TSRians :smile:
they don't know they're born

smh

:shakecane:
Reply 4
Original post by Mpagtches
I hate them all.

But you just joined this year :lol:
As somebody who joined in 2011 (making me 'old') but only really started posting actively this year (making me 'new'), I can safely say that I love myself, old or new. :h:
(edited 8 years ago)
They could have been on the site for 10 years or 10 minutes, but unless they post in the Anime Soc threads then our paths are unlikely to have crossed. :p:

*returns to niche*
Reply 7
Most are cool
Original post by Zuki
Most are cool

But not too cool for school/college/university :nope:
Reply 9
Original post by StrawbAri
What do you think of the older Tsrians?

XD

Comparable to fire.

If you try and get too close, then it might result in a burn. Dangerous. O_O They may keep you warm in times of need and ward away the beasts that roam the land, or forum trolls in this case. They're always glowing, probably bc of their high rep gems. Oh and ofc that means they're pretty hot too. ~

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anon_98
XD

Comparable to fire.

If you try and get too close, then it might result in a burn. Dangerous. O_O They may keep you warm in times of need and ward away the beasts that roam the land, or forum trolls in this case. They're always glowing, probably bc of their high rep gems. Oh and ofc that means they're pretty hot too. ~

Posted from TSR Mobile

this is an amazing analogy

:h:
Original post by Anon_98
XD

Comparable to fire.

Posted from TSR Mobile

LOL I assure you I'm not hot xD
Reply 12
Original post by Anon_98
XD

Comparable to fire.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Anon this is spot on :yep:
(edited 8 years ago)
Old git claiming it was better in the old days checking in :biggrin:
Reply 14
Original post by WoodyMKC
Old git claiming it was better in the old days checking in :biggrin:

Why though?
I don't know who any of them are - and I rarely post now - so I don't much care. Of course there is some nostalgia for me in thinking about the people who have come and gone but that's life. I'm hastening ever more swiftly towards my inevitably ignominious death.

The quality of posts on the forum is about the same as it has always been :dontknow:
I like the "old" ones who have been around since I joined (PinkMobilePhone, Plantagenet Crown, Profesh, Viva Emptiness, Maid Marian, Tyrion Lannister), because they are familiar names and usually have something sensible or funny to say.

On the other hand, however, I'm impressed with some of the new members too like georgiaswift who only joined last year.

I like seeing the golden oldies, but it's good to have fresh blood too :smile:
Original post by StrawbAri
Why though?

Not by much really, tbh it's just the troll:actual chat ratio has gotten so much worse over the past few years and there are WAY too many ISIS-based threads.
I'm new-ish

tbh I don't pay attention to whether a user is an 'old' or 'new' one but hey.
Original post by thecatwithnohat
I'm new-ish

tbh I don't pay attention to whether a user is an 'old' or 'new' one but hey.

I just realised, I joined 1 month before you :tongue: :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest