This discussion is closed.
alio
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
(Original post by amazingtrade)
He will be prison though for breaking tax laws, pay slips are law so you the employee can produce evidence of how much they have been paid should inland revenue want to see them.
mm i'll have a word wiv ppl who work there and ask wot their minimum wage is (while trying not to be nosy). i cant be bothered going to court etc though unless loads of other ppl went wiv me
crana
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
you could always try saying to them you will accept the job aas long as you are paid the actual minimum wage. if they turn round and say no sorry and yo cant be arsed with court which is understandable - tell your local paper - they would have a field day with that

rosie
icklecathy
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by alio)
lol funny enough they said they'l send a salary each week so there are no wage slips
Is it cash in hand? They can get away with what they like if it is. I worked for £2.50 ph when I was 16 in a chinese takeaway, although I did get a free meal at the end of the night.
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by icklecathy)
Is it cash in hand? They can get away with what they like if it is. I worked for £2.50 ph when I was 16 in a chinese takeaway, although I did get a free meal at the end of the night.
If Inland revenue find out they will be deep trouble. Cash in hand jobs are ilegal unless your working for yourself in which case its your responsibility to inform inland revenue that you're working.
orange soap
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Amazing Trade... slightly off topic, but how did you get a job delivering leaflets ? Sounds like a coolies job to me :rolleyes:
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by orange soap)
Amazing Trade... slightly off topic, but how did you get a job delivering leaflets ? Sounds like a coolies job to me :rolleyes:
Its only a part part time job, I real job is a web developer however my dad runs a small business so I work for myself delivering them. I haven't been able to do some for months though due to bad health I am hoping to able to do them again in a couple of weeks time.

The pay isn;t good, it works out at around £5 an hour, but its good excerise it has to better than stuck in an office.
orange soap
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Is it with a particular company, or just a local thing?
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Is it with a particular company, or just a local thing?
For my dads company so its just a local thing. Safeway used to do them which my dad was involved with but since the Morissions take over they have stopped it.
orange soap
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
doh! but i think ill investigate that career path lol
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
doh! but i think ill investigate that career path lol
Well its ok for a part tme job but I would not like to it full time, it would be very tiring. I struggle to get any more than £10 a day from it, however thats only for like 2 hours work, remember you're bending down all the time as well as walking for say two hours solid.

Its certainly ideal if you want to work in your own time for a few hours a day. I last summer I was getting about £60 a week from it which wasn't bad considering I never had to get up early or anything.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Had lockdown impacted your relationships?

Yes, my partner and I are struggling (17)
8.02%
Yes, my partner and I broke up (14)
6.6%
Yes, it's hard being around my family so much (44)
20.75%
Yes, I'm feeling lonely isolating alone (27)
12.74%
No, nothing has changed (70)
33.02%
No, it's helped improve my relationships (40)
18.87%

Watched Threads